Report: College Hoops Corruption Case Poised To Wreak Havoc On Top Programs

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006

giphy.gif

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Somebody get me the GIF with the room on fire while the NCAA declares all is well. Stat.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Paging tuco
Yes? From the wording of the FBI report, they do not believe that Kansas was involved and knew nothing of any payments. Based on the precedence set by the NCAA in their ruling of the Myron Piggie/Corey Magette case with Duke, I don't see any problems for Kansas basketball. Any involved players will have to sit out for a period of time and donate some money to a charity.

• Funny
Reactions: ComCY and NWICY

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
https://sports.yahoo.com/opening-st...-oregon-fray-reveal-strategies-174516177.html

Gatto did it, she argued, only because he was asked, presumably, although not specifically stated, by Louisville coaches, in an effort to “level the playing field” in the recruitment. The attorney, Casey Donnelly, said evidence would show there was a bidding war for the Saginaw, Michigan recruit.

“Oregon, a Nike school, offered [Bowen] an astronomical amount of money if he’d go to Oregon,” Donnelly said.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

Additionally, Donnelly acknowledged that Gatto provided a $20,000 payment to recruit Silvio De Sousa, who attends Kansas, which is sponsored by Adidas. He did so, however, only after “Under Armour had paid for De Sousa to [commit] to the University of Maryland.”

“Jim was asked if Jim could match the offer so [De Sousa] could go to Kansas,” Donnelly said, not specifically naming who asked for the offer to be matched.

Not "new" information, but wanted to be sure that KU was featured in this story as well. Got to keep them in the scandal news.

Reactions: aauummm

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not exactly stoked to see Oregon come up in that way considering it pretty much down to them, us, and Arizona State for Wigginton.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Trial number 1 has just begun. Give it a little time.
True - but I am still extremely skeptical of this leading to any real change or meaningful punishments. And somehow, even if there have been major improprieties by head coaches (which is likely, not probable), I'm sure these individuals are well insulated & protected so that they will get off scott-free. OR, if a coach is indeed found guilty, the coach and NOT the blue-blood school will be penalized - only to have that scumbag coach be rehired 5 years later by some other blue-blood and do the same exact **** he got in trouble for. (see Pearl & Calipari for reference)