Alert: REMINDER: Don't make things personal

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Clearly, it has been a long and loud week here on the forums.

I just want to throw out a friendly reminder to not make things personal. If it is with another poster, an Iowa State player, an opposing player or anyone for that matter, just don't make things personal. It is fine to talk about the games and fairly criticize others but keep it within reason.

The overwhelming majority of Cyclones know when a line is being crossed. Please, think before you consider crossing that line.

That is all. Enjoy your tailgate on Saturday everybody!

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
Well said, CW. Frustration aside, personal attacks are never called for. We're better than that.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Clearly, it has been a long and loud week here on the forums.

I just want to throw out a friendly reminder to not make things personal. If it is with another poster, an Iowa State player, an opposing player or anyone for that matter, just don't make things personal. It is fine to talk about the games and fairly criticize others but keep it within reason.

The overwhelming majority of Cyclones know when a line is being crossed. Please, think before you consider crossing that line.

That is all. Enjoy your tailgate on Saturday everybody!

You cant tell me what to do... you... you... I better not say anything else.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
How about Hawk fans? Are they considered people?

Dr.-Who.gif

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Bah, humbug, getting ready for the next tailgate. P-Kitty time. Looks like sunny till next Saturday.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
What a Clown thread.

:jimlad:

I believe this would be the point where someone would come in and curse at you and call you a "hok troll", but we're not doing that anymore.

:wink:

Seriously, though, I'll admit to getting a little personal with people, (and it's no excuse but generally it was in response to them getting personal with either me or someone else, and it was done to illustrate how they were being absurd) but I really don't understand the culture we have where if you're not freaking out, you're not passionate enough. Not just here, but in general. It seems no one values resiliency anymore. If you don't pitch a hissy fit and pee your pants when something goes wrong, you don't care enough. As Yudyard Kipling said "If you can keep your head about you when all around you are losing theirs and blaming it on you.....then you'll be a man, my son"

We've got a loud group on either side, one side saying they want heads, the other side saying that you better shut up and support your team, bub...and honestly, I'm in the middle...I'm not happy with where we are after week one, nor with last year, but nothing will likely happen any time soon, so I reset my expectations, and will see what develops during the season, maybe I'm happily surprised, maybe not. And both extremes act like I and others like me aren't good enough fans. Put it this way...I sure hope the players aren't pulling their pants down and running around in circles screaming like some of the posters on here.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Extrapolation.

Fans taking what they saw last 14 games or just the first game and project where we are headed. We may win more bball games the first week of that season than in fball.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron