Remember when we debated preseason all-conference?

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
People come in contact with each other playing basketball. Sometimes they even push each other a little bit. I don't want to watch the sport that would be created if you called every single by the book foul. Let great athletes claw and fight and play. It's more fun to watch. It's not grade school, deal over it.
Gotta revisit this one...so, you didn't like the result of the game Saturday with a 35-2 free throw edge and every single by the book foul is called on WV but not KU? But of course, it's okay when your team wins...

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Gotta revisit this one...so, you didn't like the result of the game Saturday with a 35-2 free throw edge and every single by the book foul is called on WV but not KU? But of course, it's okay when your team wins...
There is already a separate thread to talk about the WVU at KU game. If you want to argue with me about that topic, feel to comment on it.

This thread is for discussion of the All Big 12 teams.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
There is already a separate thread to talk about the WVU at KU game. If you want to argue with me about that topic, feel to comment on it.

This thread is for discussion of the All Big 12 teams.
Yep, and All Big 12 players played in that game...but the abomination that was that game deserves more than just 1 thread to remind folks of how truly imbalanced the league is when you get down too it. Please go ahead and defend away...but forgive me when I don't believe a word you say when you defend that.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Four guards is hardly an all-conference '"team" although all four are worthy. Still, I'll be surprised if Wade isn't first team. He's the most accomplished, best "big" in the league.

I would not be surprised if Young, Evans and Graham are unanimous picks. No way Wade makes 1st team over Graham. Maybe add Bamba and Wade and put Carter on 2nd team. But I think Wade will be more likely 2nd team.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Still, lots of time to decide who makes the first group. Lots of meat left on the bone including the Big 12 tournament.

Graham is certainly making a case for POY though. That award may come down to the Ku/TxT game this weekend.

Cannot see Young getting it. At some point wins matter.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Still, lots of time to decide who makes the first group. Lots of meat left on the bone including the Big 12 tournament.

Graham is certainly making a case for POY though. That award may come down to the Ku/TxT game this weekend.

OU was 11-20 last year. Young played a huge role in them being better this year.

Also, Dean Wade has had a 1st team quality season, but he absolutely should not be first team if it means somebody like Young/ Graham/ Carter/ Evans gets left out.

Just the way it is.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: surly and CyTwins

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Conference awards are announced prior to the Big 12 tourney.

I agree that there is still plenty left to be decided. If Young and OU continue to slide and Graham wills KU to another Big 12 title, I think Graham could steal Big 12 PoY.

Help Support Us

Become a patron