Remember when we debated preseason all-conference?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Devonte Graham should be on 1st team ahead of Dean Wade but I agree with the rest of your picks.

I never pay that much attention to it, but would they put 4 guards in there? I put in Azubuike for more of a traditional lineup and left Graham out in favor of Carter, Young and Evans, but it's hard to leave him off the first team with his scoring and assists. Carter's defense gives him the edge over Graham IMO, but it's easy to debate for either.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wait, I thought team performance had nothing to do with individual accolades?

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I have first-team as...

Young
Evans
Carter
Wade
Bamba

Probably how I should have gone. I like Wade a lot. Young, Evans, Carter and Bamba seem like safe picks. I had a hard team leaving KU completely off the list, and I doubt voters will. I don't think Wade is flashy enough to garner the attention.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We should start referring to Trae as The Other Young or TOY so I don't think it's our our own, and beloved, Solomon Young when I see "Young". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Several games left to be played. At this point in time, Evans and Young are the only safe bets in my view

Evans has gotten his credit and rightfully so, but I just glanced at the comparison between him and Graham. Evans leads in scoring and FT %, but Graham is ahead in assists, steals, 3pt % and makes, and assists-TO. Evans wins the eye test, but the stats don't back him up being a lock over Graham....unfortunately.

Yuck

• Agree
Reactions: randomfan44

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Devonte Graham should be on 1st team ahead of Dean Wade but I agree with the rest of your picks.
Graham is 3rd in the Big 12 in scoring, 2nd in assists, 5th in steals and has played 550 of 560 minutes in Big 12 play. Wade is 7th in scoring, 10th in rebounding and 7th in steals. Graham's stats alone are more impressive than Wade's. No bump for team standings needed.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
My first team:
G-Young
G-Evans
G-Graham (not really sure why, other than you know the media has to pick at least 1 KU guy)
F-Wade *note I did more research since posting this and think you could easily interchange Wade and Brodzianksy
C-Bamba

2nd team:
G-Carter
G-Lecomte
G-Brown
F-Brodziansky
F-Acuil

3rd team
G-NWB
G-Carroll
GF-Mykhaliuk
F-Williams
C-Azubuike (or Konate, but again...KU)

Honorable mention-Wigginton, Lard etc....surprised I couldn't find more TT guys to put on these squads

Newcomers-
G- T.Young
G-Wigginton
G-Newman
F-Osetkowski
C-Bamba

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Just for fun: All 6th man team

G-Alex Robinson
G-Culver
G-Zh. Smith
F-Talley
F-Maston

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Here's what the media said before the fact. I've picked my postseason choices. Three guards is a problem, I know. Yours?

Preseason Player of the Year
: Devonte’ Graham, Kansas (G, 6-2, 185, Sr., Raleigh, N.C./Brester Academy [N.H.]) Keenan Evans, TxT
Preseason Newcomer of the Year: Malik Newman, Kansas (G, 6-3, 190, So., Jackson, Miss./Callaway/Mississippi State) IDK and don't care/dumb award
Preseason Freshman of the Year: Mohamed Bamba, Texas (F, 6-11, 225, Harlem, N.Y./Westtown School[Pa.]) Trae Young, OU

Preseason All-Big 12 Team

Student-Athlete, School Pos. Ht. Wt. Class Pts. Reb. Hometown/Previous School(s)
Trae Young, OU Devonte' Graham, Kansas^ G 6-2 185 Sr. 13.4 3.1 Raleigh, N.C./Brewster Academy (N.H
Keenan Evans, TxT Jeffrey Carroll, Oklahoma State^ G/F 6-6 220 Sr. 17.5 6.6 Rowlett, Texas/Rowlett
Dean Wade, K-State Vladimir Brodziansky, TCU F 6-11 230 Sr. 14.1 5.7 Prievidza, Slovakia/Canarias
Mo Bamba, UT Zach Smith, Texas Tech F 6-8 220 Sr. 12.1 7.2 Plano, Texas/Plano East
Jevon Carter, West Virginia^ G 6-2 205 Sr. 13.5 5.0 Maywood, Ill./Proviso East

So you made this thread just so you could tell us you have a ksu player on your all-big 12 team now. Cool. Now go away.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
My guess:
POY: Trae Young, Oklahoma

1st team
Trae Young, Oklahoma
Keenan Evans, Texas Tech
Devonte Graham, Kansas
Jevon Carter, West Virginia
5th position between Lecomte and Bamba

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
So you made this thread just so you could tell us you have a ksu player on your all-big 12 team now. Cool. Now go away
Much of the debate before the season was about Wade not being better than Smith or Brod. It was laughable. So yes, you could say this is an "I told you so" thread if you wish to make that case. I also said the Cats were underrated. Do you want to make that argument now? Geezzz, what a whiny damn poster you are, ribsn. Revisit history only if it makes your case?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That's how highly I think of Cam Lard. He is so talented he could beat out that snow plow left arm Trae Young possesses!
Finally somebody said it. At the risk of pissing off our resident blue troll, you would think that Trae understudied under Frank Mason last year. He has the left arm push off and swim move down and he even is getting Mason's jump, push off and fall hard to the floor as you shoot so you get free throws move down.

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
So you made this thread just so you could tell us you have a ksu player on your all-big 12 team now. Cool. Now go away.
The motivation probably, but haven't you folks noticed who in the media votes for all Big XII football and basketball teams. A bunch of Texas and Oklahoma scribes and beat writers for Wichita, KC, Topeka, Lawrence and Manhatten; maybe one writer from Des Moines. Surly knows this.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Finally somebody said it. At the risk of pissing off our resident blue troll, you would think that Trae understudied under Frank Mason last year. He has the left arm push off and swim move down and he even is getting Mason's jump, push off and fall hard to the floor as you shoot so you get free throws move down.
People come in contact with each other playing basketball. Sometimes they even push each other a little bit. I don't want to watch the sport that would be created if you called every single by the book foul. Let great athletes claw and fight and play. It's more fun to watch. It's not grade school, deal over it.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone