Recruits mom gets up and walks out when son chooses Florida hat.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Why the hell are these guys not informing their parents ahead of the big televised announcement what their decision is? That just seems weird.

And yes, BS move by the mom.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Why the hell are these guys not informing their parents ahead of the big televised announcement what their decision is? That just seems weird.

He was choosing between 3 SEC schools. SEC recruiting is like the Wild West. If anyone in his family had knowledge of his decision beforehand, there would be boosters and assistants all over them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

We can't accurately jump to that conclusion. He could have very well told her and her response being if you do I promise you I will make you regret it.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
well she probably was getting money from alabama and not florida.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Maybe she just had to go pee all of the sudden. Bladder control problems are not a joking matter

vauEUgn.gif

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Wearing multiple teams gear and stripping it off or throwing it away? It shows an inherent lack of class.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Mom only cared about what was in it for her, not her son. But if he makes the league, she'll be the first one with her hand out. He should never speak to her again.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Mom only cared about what was in it for her, not her son. But if he makes the league, she'll be the first one with her hand out. He should never speak to her again.
That kind of depends on what she does to support him going forward. Everyone makes mistakes, some more visible than others. But if she makes up for it going forward there is no reason for him to hold a grudge.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
This makes me sick to my stomach.

Word on the street is that this kid is from Florida, and possibly involved with some gang bangers in the area. Being said she wanted him to get out, get away from the trouble surrounding him. If that’s true, her reaction is easier to understand. Still wish she would’ve handled it differently.

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Anyone ever think it might be the other way around? Maybe mom saw or heard something negative about his recruiting trip (parties, drugs, girls, all of the above, etc.) or has a legitimate fear he’ll end up in Florida and won’t make it through school for one reason or another?

I have no idea but neither does anyone else, unless I missed where one of them said something about it.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Anyone ever think it might be the other way around? Maybe mom saw or heard something negative about his recruiting trip (parties, drugs, girls, all of the above, etc.) or has a legitimate fear he’ll end up in Florida and won’t make it through school for one reason or another?

I have no idea but neither does anyone else, unless I missed where one of them said something about it.
If she has legitimate fears about that the proper time to bring them up would be anytime other than the one she chose.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
If she has legitimate fears about that the proper time to bring them up would be anytime other than the one she chose.

Maybe she did and he still chose Florida. Did you read the post before the one you quoted of mine? If there is any truth to that, I probably would have done the same thing.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I guess Florida didn’t give up as much money as the rest? Or guarantee a high paying job at the university they didn’t deserve?