RECRUITING: Matt Thomas on unofficial visit

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Matt's last tweet was about going to graduation parties. I'm assuming he's back in Ona. After he tweeted about open gym, it was retweeted by some other kids from Ona. One talked about alley oops. I'm going to guess that the open gym was in Onalaska, and "the guys" we're his HS buddies. The visit must have been a one-day thing.

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009
Matt's last tweet was about going to graduation parties. I'm assuming he's back in Ona. After he tweeted about open gym, it was retweeted by some other kids from Ona. One talked about alley oops. I'm going to guess that the open gym was in Onalaska, and "the guys" we're his HS buddies. The visit must have been a one-day thing.

Matt was just here on Thursday and left before rest got in here. Niang, Morris got in yesterday. DFS later Thursday?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He's not in Ames...I wonder why he bothered if he was here at all.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Per Mark Miller's recent tweet, Matt will be playing in the WBBY summer tournament at Viterbo University in La Crosse today.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It was on his twitter. Brackins said he got to Ames Monday and will be training in town for a month.

This is cool. Both for the team and for recruiting.

It would be fun if he was eligible for the Cap City league?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
A quick one day visit could mean he told Fred in person that he was committed -or- that he was choosing UVA

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
apparently not many here ever went to high school.

matt apparently like to play bball with his buddies, go to graduation parties, and play in a local summer league.

when he has free time, he takes the time to hang out with his potential future head coach.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
apparently not many here ever went to high school.

matt apparently like to play bball with his buddies, go to graduation parties, and play in a local summer league.

when he has free time, he takes the time to hang out with his potential future head coach.

If he drove here yesterday after playing hoops, then drove back last night for his league today and graduation parties, he didn't have time to hang out with anyone.

I would argue that he was here long enough to tell Fred something in person and that's about it.

HS kids don't spend 8 hours in the car to hang out for an hour or two.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
If he drove here yesterday after playing hoops, then drove back last night for his league today and graduation parties, he didn't have time to hang out with anyone.

I would argue that he was here long enough to tell Fred something in person and that's about it.

HS kids don't spend 8 hours in the car to hang out for an hour or two.

Haven't we learned anything in this thread? It is under 8 hours.:twitcy:

But maybe you would if you really like everything about Ames and just can't get enough of Freds baby blues.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Has anyone thought that maybe he was "passing through" ? I know he dropped by for short visits before, on his way back home from somewhere else. Just a thought.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I'm guessing Fred found out one way or the other and that was the reason for the trip. Hoping it was positive news and we are going to time the release of info now between MT and DFS.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
He probably drove down to tell fred that if this visit causes a thread over 20 pages on cf he'll commit.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Maybe he and Fred are secret agents and basketball is a cover for their covert activities. Have we covered all the potential bases (other than the crazy idea that a young basketball player likes to stop by and see one of his favorite coaches)?

Last edited:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Maybe he was planning to stay all weekend, but learned of a new route that was UNDER 4 hours and couldn't wait to confirm it.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
I think he comes down so much to try and figure out the best route...he's evidently OCD and doesn't trust google maps. Lol