RECRUITING: Football commits

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yes we will have defections, but the recruiting has been much better than expected. That's part of the risk when you get early commits from guys that other schools want too. And I prefer it to waiting until the end of the year and scrambling for two star leftovers
I don't remember Campbell scrambling for two star leftovers after he was hired.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Looking at DSM East on QuikStats, isn't Rory Walling the type of kid Iowa turns into an NFL safety, 2300 total yards, Led the Scarlets in tackles three years. I'd say offer him before he kicks our ass at UNI. He's not just a star on an aweful team look at the near misses they had w/ SEP, Waukee and Johnston.

Disclaimer: No I'm not his Dad but I know his father, haven't crossed paths w/ him in about 20 years when a buddy of mine coached with him at East and was in a FF League together.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Will Farniok just earned the "Best Lineman" award after Sioux Falls Washington defended their South Dakota class AAA State Championship. We need to be on baby Farniok like ugly on an ape.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Will Farniok just earned the "Best Lineman" award after Sioux Falls Washington defended their South Dakota class AAA State Championship. We need to be on baby Farniok like ugly on an ape.

Didn't he commit to Nebraska before his Junior year or something?

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
Something isn't right about this. Stansbury's article said he was our highest rated OL recruit for next year, why would you ask him of all the recruits to greyshirt? Why not one of the other OL recruits that aren't maybe as touted as he is?

Coaches may know something we don't, but with all we know right now I can say I don't like it.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Questionable ethics has been a part of college football for a long time. I don't like it but have a feeling this is very mild compared to other programs.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This doesn't sound good at all.

I know kids de-commit all the time, but I don't like it when coaches do it to the kids basically. I hold coaching staffs to a higher level of maturity than high school kids.

I don't think we will get anywhere if we're known as the school that doesn't keep their commitments to kids. Who in their right mind would want to commit here?

I hope this isn't true.