Reasons for Optimism (or, Don't Burn Your Tickets Yet)

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
What offense works when you have no shooters and no inside scoring presence? Just pack it in.

And offensive execution? We've had one of the best offenses in the country the last 6 years.
Yes, thanks to guys like Niang, Monte, Naz, Thomas. Our offense involves too much one on one -- not what this team is made of.

Show me one set play we've run this year that resulted in a lay-up or easy bucket. Heck, we are struggling to even get the ball inbounded this year. Remember Fred's inbound plays? We used to get layups every other time!

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Yes, thanks to guys like Niang, Monte, Naz, Thomas.

Show me one set play we've run this year that resulted in a lay-up or easy bucket. Heck, we are struggling to even get the ball inbounded this year. Remember Fred's inbound plays? We used to get layups every other time!

"This year"? You mean, both games?

• Winner
Reactions: spitfyr36

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Yes, thanks to guys like Niang, Monte, Naz, Thomas.

Imagine that. Coaches look better with good players. When you refuse to recruit the high school ranks that eventually catches up. We're at the point of eventually.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Hey guys, for all we know Mizzourah and Milwaukee may play for the national title. No disrespect losing to that. I mean, they're still undefeated.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
So can we talk about bringing Hoiberg back yet? Or is it to early?
Hoiberg was the architect of this. Prohm was set up for two great years (they were) and then a major dropoff barring a miracle. You can't graduate Niang, McKay, Nader, Burton, Thomas, Morris, and Long (all of which are being paid to play hoops now) and not have a drop-off with the number of scholarships you're allowed.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
By the way we can stop with the CSP has never lost 3 in a row conversation.

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Exactly my point. We've been in dire need of ONE BUCKET at some time in both of these games. Most coaches run a set play for an easy bucket to break the ice, stop momentum, stop the bleeding, etc.
No shooters = pack it in and don't worry about guys running free around the perimeter because they can't hurt you.

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
No shooters = pack it in and don't worry about guys running free around the perimeter because they can't hurt you.
lol there it is! "Sorry Prohm, no need to coach and run plays. If they pack it in, you can't run a play."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron