Rashad Vaughn - Not going to ISU

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Well...sucks, but time to move on.

Anyway, didn't watch the announcement, even though I might actually get that channel. Did he just come right out and say it, or did he do the whole baseball cap switcheroo thing?

Best of luck to RV. I think he'll need it at UNLV more than he would have in Ames.

Thank god, thank coaches, put on UNLV hat.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
LOL pro style offense. What a clueless idiot. Out of the 5 final picks, UNLV runs the least pro style offense. ISU, UK, and Kansas all run the most pro style offenses in the country and UNC isn't terribly far behind. UNLV? Right..

Yep, it does not compute. Perceived friends and paid handlers were the ticket.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I wish the NCAA would crack down on some of these "prep" schools like Findlay. It's a joke. They aren't even a school. It's just a basketball fraternity house out by Las Vegas. It's BS.

Any time there are rules, someone finds a way to bend and exploit. AAU ball is becoming another shady deal.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
It's been fun. Time to close this bad boy down for good.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Gotta love how my Findlay Prep thread was closed. I guess it's natural for people to just look away when they see things they don't like. That solves the problem.

I don't care which of our players attended Findlay, it doesn't change the fact that the place is a joke. It isn't even a school. Sorry if that hurts people's feelings.

I would have felt the same way about Findlay if RV had chose to come here too. If he was a real man he would have stayed at his high school in Minnesota and stuck with his teammates.

SpiderClone

Jan 17, 2014
Gotta love how my Findlay Prep thread was closed. I guess it's natural for people to just look away when they see things they don't like. That solves the problem.

I don't care which of our players attended Findlay, it doesn't change the fact that the place is a joke. It isn't even a school. Sorry if that hurts people's feelings.

I would have felt the same way about Findlay if RV had chose to come here too. If he was a real man he would have stayed at his high school in Minnesota and stuck with his teammates.
I would bet a lot of money you wouldn't have said anything if he would have came here

N84ST8

Feb 29, 2012
I don't see any reason to get all tripped up about this.

(uploaded with audio)
[video=youtube;EEZQ5duG0CI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEZQ5duG0CI[/video]

related:
Clearly Out of Bounds.jpg

Everyone loves a good meltdown now and again.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I would bet a lot of money you wouldn't have said anything if he would have came here

When I learned that RV left Minnesota to attend a prep school in Nevada, I looked up this "prep" school because I wondered why in the world a kid would make that big of a move?

And yes, it disgusted me to read about it back when he first went there. But it's all a part of the "system" nowadays. It isn't going to change. I don't even know why some of these kids even pretend to care about school at all? It's a joke.

RV will likely, according to statistics, go on to the NBA someday where he will make a huge amount of money in very short career. And then, after that short career is over, he will likely be broke in less than 5 years after that and have nowhere to turn.

That is the life we have created for these kids. We've given them nothing to turn to after their sports career is over. It is really sad. They are exploited for years so places like Findlay and UNLV can make HUGE money, and then nobody cares about them anymore when they are broke and stupid and have nowhere left to turn.

But hey, it's all fine. Just look the other way. Just shut down threads that bring this stuff to light. That's easier.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Yep sure you would have. You are Bipolar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron