Rashad Vaughn - Not going to ISU

Status
Not open for further replies.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Re: Rashad Vaughn

Well, top 10 players like that enjoy the attention, who wouldn't? If he waited and signed with us. Would be a huge buzz coming into the next season.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Obviously, we all want this kid to come play for ISU. However, this kid is loving the recruiting scene and I think he ends up at a blue blood (Kansas, Kentucky, or North Carolina) and I can't blame him for that. It's nice he is considering ISU, but I'm also not going to lose sleep if he goes somewhere else that he deems a better fit.

I'd rather him go to UNC or Kentucky than Minnesota.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

Jeeze not deciding untill the end of season next year, going to be a long ride.

He probably wants to watch Bluford, Long, Morris, Okoro, SDW, and Thomas play together for a year before deciding. :smile:

I agree that my money would be on a summer commitment, but If he does wait that will be brutal.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Obviously, we all want this kid to come play for ISU. However, this kid is loving the recruiting scene and I think he ends up at a blue blood (Kansas, Kentucky, or North Carolina) and I can't blame him for that. It's nice he is considering ISU, but I'm also not going to lose sleep if he goes somewhere else that he deems a better fit.

What if Hoiberg wins a national championship this season and/or next season? Does that make us elite enough to compete with the blue bloods for a big time prospect like Vaughn? :jimlad:

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN

Why? Vaughn seems like a good kid and even if he doesn't choose ISU, I'd sure hate for him to have to play for scum like Williams or Calipari.

Similarly, I wouldn't want to play twice a year, so even though I think Self is s great coach/person, I would hate to see Vaughn at KU.

For me, that leaves Minnesota as a place I would prefer he go, aside from ISU.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Why? Vaughn seems like a good kid and even if he doesn't choose ISU, I'd sure hate for him to have to play for scum like Williams or Calipari.

Similarly, I wouldn't want to play twice a year, so even though I think Self is s great coach/person, I would hate to see Vaughn at KU.

For me, that leaves Minnesota as a place I would prefer he go, aside from ISU.

Because if we want any chance of starting a pipeline to Minnesota, we can't have these top recruits going there.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Why? I'd enjoy him beating the crap out of Iowa. Never mind, I see the post above.

I just hope he doesn't go to KU...or Bailer, for God's sake.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Don't want him at KU so we don't have to play him

Don't want him to chose Minnesota because we would like to start landing their players

Don't want him to play for Calipari for obvious reasons

Don't want him to go to UNC because I just get sick of Roy stealing our players

The obvious choice then is ISU

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

UNC is good competition but we no longer need to fear them - on the court or the recruiting trail. We have a coach, team and program of which we ought to be very proud.

It doesn't matter if we fear them or not.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Crap,sounds like ol Roy is sniffing around.

Type the following into google images:

I Hate Roy Williams

One of the first pictures:

Roy_Williams_Hitler.jpg

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012

While I was looking for Nick Noskowiak videos (posted in his thread) I came acroos this one of Rashad Vaughn ... For anyone who isn't sure what Rashad's game is like or anyone who would like to see him dunk the ball roughly 40 times. :rolleyes:

Rashad Vaughn Highlights Vol. 2; #1 SG In '14 - HardwoodElite.com - YouTube

is that the pella junior high team he is going against? he obviously looks incredibly athletic, but the bulk of that competition...not so much.

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006

UNC is good competition but we no longer need to fear them - on the court or the recruiting trail. We have a coach, team and program of which we ought to be very proud.

Roy is old and his teams underachieve. I don't know where Rashad will end up, but I would be surprised to see him buy Roy's snake oil.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012

harrison barnes drank that snake oil.

that sounded dirty.

...it probably was.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Roy is probably claiming that UNC will be part of the BIG soon.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com

I will be pleasantly surprised if we land him like any really highly rated recruit considering there is just a lot of competition. However, with TJ and Fred I think we are as close as we have been to it. Kids love playing for Coaches they can relate to and it seems like TJ and Fred get along very well with the players.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

One thing that gets me is, if by some wild chance we land Vaughn, it's going to be a long long time before he commits. With probably 2 open spots, does he pass on a good player he might get on the gamble that we land Vaughn?

Status
Not open for further replies.