Ranking B12 coaches ...

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
It’s not close. I just checked. Still like when I got an app for them in my day. Basically a strong pulse and not in special ED during HS.
Actually it’s a pillar of the land grant mission and a requirement to receive funding from the state of Kansas.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
K-State is older this year. In 2020 they were ravaged by Covid. ISU was Covid-free for much of that year, particularly for conference play. Plus they were good.

Last year, KSU went bowling and beat LSU. Not bad.

I truly believe Courtney Messingham was a huge negative coupled with Skylar Thompson being oft-injured both in 2020 when he was out most of the year, and 2021, when for example K-State lost at Texas, the worst conference defeat of the Klieman era.

There are no such excuses this season. Veteran QB, all-American running back, and several all-conference-type players going in, plus Collin Klein has replaced Mess. As I wrote, we'll see this fall and then compare that to ISU's 7-6 performance last season.
Lol this year's Kansas State team isn't sniffing an 8-2 conference record, Big 12 Title birth or a NY6 bowl win.

I also have to ask why you're legitimizing K-State's win vs. LSU who was just as non-functional as COVID teams go. They barely had players and had a WR in at QB. You then throw out ISU's entire 2020 season because they got to play one team like that.

You're cherry picking beyond belief. And, ISU wins in Ames this year by double digits for the 3rd straight year. Book it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You said 2022 K-State is much like 2021 ISU heading into this season, which is a weird (and untrue) assessment.

Except ISU was a top-10 team, and K-State is being pegged from 5.5 to 6.5 wins depending on the sports book, so that comparison is weird.

Hence, you’re one of few who have high expectations for them.
EXACTLY. I don't how this year's K-State team has anything to do with last year's ISU team in terms of preseason expectations. They went 4-5 in conference last season...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Actually it’s a pillar of the land grant mission and a requirement to receive funding from the state of Kansas.
I don’t think low admission standards are a pillar of land grants. Ag, mechanics, and ROTC were the pillars. @surly mentuonimg educating the masses is generally done through the extension services, model farms, and such things.

The application I was mailed was one page and basically asked my name, address, HS and I had to sign it. There was no cost so I filled it out and was accepted quickly. I laughed that it required less work than NIACC.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I didn't say it was anyone's fault. I said ISU was fortunate to not have the issues others encountered. All things being equal, one has to throw out that season as an anomaly. Or you can rally around it, whatever.
Really, you do realize ISU had most of the starters in protocols before the season opener, and would not have had enough people to play, except over 20 players came available the day before the game. As of that first game, that they lost, most of the starters had not even practiced together. But they decided to play and give it their best.

Everyone likes to talk about how ISU didnt have covid problems that year, and they were lucky and didnt have to deal with those issues. They did. And they suffered the consequences, losing to a G5 school that everyone will never let them live down, even thought that G5 team was much better than anyone thought or wants to admit.

Stop making excuses. Everyone had the same situation, everyone dealt with it. Just because your team didnt handle it as well, is well maybe just an excuse for you being a worse team.

My god cope a little more.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
You are either

1. A fan with purple blinders on
2. An idiot

K-State is probably middle of the pack in terms of talent (likely 6-8 range) and depth will be a big issue.

But yes, best team ever with huge expectations (currently 5.5-6.5 wins in sports books).
You can be both.;)

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You said 2022 K-State is much like 2021 ISU heading into this season, which is a weird (and untrue) assessment.

Except ISU was a top-10 team, and K-State is being pegged from 5.5 to 6.5 wins depending on the sports book, so that comparison is weird.

Hence, you’re one of few who have high expectations for them.
7-6 - scoreboard matters. So, I'm comparing this year's K-State team with last year's ISU team. Context matters as well. Should I go over all that again? Good grief.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Really, you do realize ISU had most of the starters in protocols before the season opener, and would not have had enough people to play, except over 20 players came available the day before the game. As of that first game, that they lost, most of the starters had not even practiced together. But they decided to play and give it their best.

Everyone likes to talk about how ISU didnt have covid problems that year, and they were lucky and didnt have to deal with those issues. They did. And they suffered the consequences, losing to a G5 school that everyone will never let them live down, even thought that G5 team was much better than anyone thought or wants to admit.

Stop making excuses. Everyone had the same situation, everyone dealt with it. Just because your team didnt handle it as well, is well maybe just an excuse for you being a worse team.

My god cope a little more.
Time and again I wrote for conference play, it is you who ignores the facts, not me.

• Dumb

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Lol this year's Kansas State team isn't sniffing an 8-2 conference record, Big 12 Title birth or a NY6 bowl win.

I also have to ask why you're legitimizing K-State's win vs. LSU who was just as non-functional as COVID teams go. They barely had players and had a WR in at QB. You then throw out ISU's entire 2020 season because they got to play one team like that.

You're cherry picking beyond belief. And, ISU wins in Ames this year by double digits for the 3rd straight year. Book it.
Yes, I'd throw out the Covid year for everyone. Some like ISU benefited in conference play, others not. I wrote that at the time, since, and now. It was an anomaly. At least give me a star for consistency and dealing in facts.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes, I'd throw out the Covid year for everyone. Some like ISU benefited in conference play, others not. I wrote that at the time, since, and now. It was an anomaly. At least give me a star for consistency and dealing in facts.
But how did it benefit Iowa State? How did our players not getting COVID playing against a majority of other teams not getting COVID benefit us? Kansas State and Kansas actually seemed to be the worst teams in the conference at handling it for whatever reason. So all the good teams in the Big 12 in 2020 benefited but all the bottom teams didn't? How convenient.

And sure you're being consistent but dying on the hill of a poor take doesn't get you a star. It just makes you look stupid. I guess we should take away Tom Brady's superbowl that year too right?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
7-6 - scoreboard matters. So, I'm comparing this year's K-State team with last year's ISU team. Context matters as well. Should I go over all that again? Good grief.
78-20 is the score the last two years ISU and KSU have faced off.

Scoreboard matters.

Reactions: Tailg8er

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here and I don’t think you do either.

K-State will likely finish right around where they are expected to, which is 5 to 7 wins.

• Agree

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We can't count the 2020 win against KState because of Covid but KState can count last years bowl win against LSU despite them only have 40 players? Do I have that right?
Oh and our bowl game against Clemson surely still counts to make us 7-6 considering we had like 3 of our top players not play.

Imagine if Hall and Rose played and X didn’t have a broken finger? The hoops surly is jumping through to diminish us while prop up KSU is inconsistent yet fascinating.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We can't count the 2020 win against KState because of Covid but KState can count last years bowl win against LSU despite them only have 40 players? Do I have that right?
Who the hell knows. Are we using normal reasoning or surlys batshit logic?

Reactions: GMackey32

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Oh and our bowl game against Clemson surely still counts to make us 7-6 considering we had like 3 of our top players not play.

Imagine if Hall and Rose played and X didn’t have a broken finger? The hoops surly is jumping through to diminish us while prop up KSU is inconsistent yet fascinating.
About as fascinating as watching a homeless person poop in a cardboard box on the side of the road.

• Haha

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Wouldnt it be nice if we could have Big12 threads that didnt degenerate into kst threads?

I dont mind Surly generally but if we could go recruit a Tech fan and an OkSt fan for some diversity, that would be great.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Time and again I wrote for conference play, it is you who ignores the facts, not me.
The fact that you always cherry pick dates, facts and games to fit your narrative is obvious. The way you do it doesnt make your right it makes your argument ignorant. But that is another thing that your buddy Kunz (maybe you) does too. Maybe that is just a common trait of purple vamp fans.

Its really easy to say well this year or that year doesnt fit what Im trying to say, so we will just leave those stats out. This game or that game doesnt so lets just not talk about it. Lets just pick 3 games from this year, 5 games from that year, 2 games from the next year, skip this year, and 6 games from the next. There now those stats fit what I am saying, so now I speak the gospel. This is what you constantly do. Not to mention being so pretentious you annoyingly have to type everything in italics.

Help Support Us

Become a patron