Ranking B12 coaches ...

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
K-State won't be losing many games this fall. And AMart will be an exciting piece of the equation. Mark it down. The kid is a great athlete, a brillant student, mature, and will be coached properly by Collin Klein.
You know, maybe. I get summer is the time when everyone is undefeated, but id pump the brakes.

If (when) Amart gets hurt, whos the backup? What if Duece gets dinged up?

Looked at ksu schedule, and id put o/u at 6.5. But everything would have to go right to get to 9 wins. If Amart is a disaster, then they could be 4-8.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You know, maybe. I get summer is the time when everyone is undefeated, but id pump the brakes.

If (when) Amart gets hurt, whos the backup? What if Duece gets dinged up?

Looked at ksu schedule, and id put o/u at 6.5. But everything would have to go right to get to 9 wins. If Amart is a disaster, then they could be 4-8.
AMart is going to be facing a defense that is geared to stopping dual threat QBs pretty much every week.

• Winner
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Liepold and Collin Klein on the shortlist at Nebraska
I've posted before that if Campbell leaves that I hope we'd look into Jim Leonhard. He'd be a solid candidate too.
Knowing Nebby they'd go after Urban.

• Haha
Reactions: dafarmer

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Are all K-State fans as delusional as Surly and that mega jaw Kurtz on Youtube? My god. For all I know Kurtz is Surly, they certainly are both just equally clueless.

Guess I need to see if Kurtz annoyingly uses the italic font like a psychopath too.

Still can't figure out why he spends so much time on this board as a K-State fan. Is he/she that disliked on their own boards?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Are all K-State fans as delusional as Surly and that mega jaw Kurtz on Youtube? My god. For all I know Kurtz is Surly, they certainly are both just equally clueless.

Guess I need to see if Kurtz annoyingly uses the italic font like a psychopath too.

Still can't figure out why he spends so much time on this board as a K-State fan. Is he/she that disliked on their own boards?

Yes

Reactions: 2speedy1

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I've posted before that if Campbell leaves that I hope we'd look into Jim Leonhard. He'd be a solid candidate too.
Knowing Nebby they'd go after Urban.
Yes Leonhard is the real deal. Seems a lot like Matt. Both seem to appreciate their lot in life.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
AMart is going to be facing a defense that is geared to stopping dual threat QBs pretty much every week.
If AMart runs, he will get hurt...and it will happen early. The other problem is that if AMart passes, he will throw an INT. Again, there is a reason Nebby...a team averaging 3-4 wins a season the past 4 years, didn't want him back. Good luck...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Let me summarize a bit. This was not my ranking of coaches. I just posted it and CMC was one spot higher than Chris Klieman.

I thought last year was really a turd for ISU, which at the start of the year I forecast to win the league. 7-6 was awful for that talented squad. Anyone arguing that fact is, yes, what you accuse others of being - delusional. At the same time, I thought ISU was the best team K-State played in 2021, that night.

I also posted here more than once that ISU's success the year before (2020) was earned but also somewhat fortunate in that the program did not suffer the Covid issues that eviscerated other programs, like K-State.

Given all that, I put Klieman slightly higher if I were to hire a coach today. Take out the Covid year and Klieman is 16-10, CMC 14-12 over the same period. This year will bring some clarity. That's all.

tmi9724

May 24, 2022
Let me summarize a bit. This was not my ranking of coaches. I just posted it and CMC was one spot higher than Chris Klieman.

I thought last year was really a turd for ISU, which at the start of the year I forecast to win the league. 7-6 was awful for that talented squad. Anyone arguing that fact is, yes, what you accuse others of being - delusional.

I also posted here more than once that ISU's success the year before was earned but also fortunate in that the program did not suffer the Covid issues that eviscerated other programs, like K-State.

Given all that, I put Klieman slightly higher if I were to hire a coach today. Take out the Covid year and Klieman is 16-10, CMC 14-12. That's all.
LMAO at throwing out the COVID year as an excuse to cherry pick the records. Both teams encountered the same conditions entering the year. Not CMC's fault that his team was able to stay out of COVID protocols. FOH man

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
LMAO at throwing out the COVID year as an excuse to cherry pick the records. Both teams encountered the same conditions entering the year. Not CMC's fault that his team was able to stay out of COVID protocols. FOH man
I didn't say it was anyone's fault. I said ISU was fortunate to not have the issues others encountered. All things being equal, one has to throw out that season as an anomaly. Or you can rally around it, whatever.

• Dumb
Reactions: tmi9724

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I thought last year was really a turd for ISU, which at the start of the year I forecast to win the league. 7-6 was awful for that talented squad. Anyone arguing that fact is, yes, what you accuse others of being - delusional. At the same time, I thought ISU was the best team K-State played in 2021, that night.

I also posted here more than once that ISU's success the year before was earned but also fortunate in that the program did not suffer the Covid issues that eviscerated other programs, like K-State.

Given all that, I put Klieman slightly higher if I were to hire a coach today. Take out the Covid year and Klieman is 16-10, CMC 14-12 over the same period. This year will bring some clarity. That's all.
So let me get this straight.. because you want it to fit your narrative, you just happen to take out the best year in Iowa State football history? You can't do that lol. Not having COVID issues doesn't mean you get to throw out the whole season.

Yes, last year we had a poor season and should've done better. Obviously. We still whooped that purple kitty ass in Manhattan though.

And no **** you're going to hire Kleinman lol you're a homer K-State fan and he's the head coach of Kansas State. He's not as good of a coach than CMC though. It's been proven on the field and by how sought after CMC has been to the NFL and very prestigious CFB programs.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I also posted here more than once that ISU's success the year before (2020) was earned but also somewhat fortunate in that the program did not suffer the Covid issues that eviscerated other programs, like K-State.

Let me summarize... This was not my rankings of coaches but I'm going to double down on the dumb that Klieman should be above CMC. LOL if I'm a K-State fan I have HUGE 2 deep concerns.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I didn't say it was anyone's fault. I said ISU was fortunate to not have the issues others encountered. All things being equal, one has to throw out that season as an anomaly. Or you can rally around it, whatever.
They did have Covid issues Surly, it was the reason they looked like sh!t coming out of the gate.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron