Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
To get the quintessential Minnesota experience, there really should be pull tab booths set up in the stadium, too. Heck, I can't believe the NFL hasn't recognized that revenue stream. There should also be an ice fishing pond set up on US Bank Plaza.

You're literally describing my wife's entire family in this post. They are Minnesota.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I like lutefisk. Meat raffles are just ******* weird.
Yes. They're weird, and mostly not very sanitary, and just an excuse to go to the bar and drink. However, I do enjoy an occasional meat raffle. Probably because there's drinking involved 100% of the time.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I had never heard of Simon Estes until today and, quite frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that one of the mos renowned opera singers in the world is from Iowa.
Really? He has sung the National Anthem at some ISU football games. It's worth the price of admission just to hear him sing it.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We took my daughter over to a friend's house yesterday to play. My jaw dropped as we pull up to their security gate. They live about 5 minutes from us and I'd never seen their place before due to its location. With the house, land, landscaping and multi-tiered heated pool, I'd say it was easily a $2.5 million residence. It's one thing to step into houses that run $700,000 to $1M, but this was on another level.

As I pulled out of the gate to leave, I had to wait as a few cars passed by. It had to look like I just got done robbing the place as I pulled out with my dirty Camry.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We took my daughter over to a friend's house yesterday to play. My jaw dropped as we pull up to their security gate. They live about 5 minutes from us and I'd never seen their place before due to its location. With the house, land, landscaping and multi-tiered heated pool, I'd say it was easily a $2.5 million residence. It's one thing to step into houses that run $700,000 to $1M, but this was on another level.

As I pulled out of the gate to leave, I had to wait as a few cars passed by. It had to look like I just got done robbing the place as I pulled out with my dirty Camry.
Five minutes gets me to the other end of town and partially back.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

I'm sure they just figured you were there to do some landscaping.

• Funny
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Grey?
Are they getting whipped in the ratings?
Does it seem like the on-air personalities are being gagged?
Are the employees lashing out?
Or do they feel too tied down at work?
Maybe they just need Some More time.

Ma bad...Gray Media.

Everything on-air seems unchanged. It is with their online stories having rough editing (had one on Friday that it was clear they used a template as they did not change the (Date) and (Time) sections to the actual date and time within the story) and terrible headline writing (another one last week that went along the lines of "Man killed after deadly accident")

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Whoa.....Nellie...... When did this spanish Church appear in town??

Never seen this before.

Think the laundromat sign hanging on the corner confused me.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Whoa.....Nellie...... When did this spanish Church appear in town??

Never seen this before.

Think the laundromat sign hanging on the corner confused me.

giphy.gif

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Where is the time going today? I've gotten a lot done today, which is good. How is it almost

@ImJustKCClone , sorry we only have 1 ticket to MBB this year. So, Z and I didn't go. If you feel like being in South Ames and want to visit I'll be bringing some to work.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So I think in the past I've mentioned I work with a girl who is a big KU fan. I hadn't worked with her since the Washington loss. As soon as she walked in the door I started in on the Washington loss when I realized that KU also lost to ASU so I had twice the grief to give her. She kept coming back with "not funny". She's right it's not funny, IT'S HILARIOUS!!!!!!:D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Going back to Hank hill. Is he the illegitimate son or brother of Mr Anderson the neighbor to Beavis/butthead. Whoever's house it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.