Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
RE: Fireworks, so our neighborhood does fireworks and last year I actually watched them from the nursery thinking about how in a couple weeks I'd have a baby and in a year the baby could watch with me. Anywho, I wasn't actually planning to take outside TO fireworks, just watch from his room. Cause yeah, that'd be a bit much at this age!

Too late, that's not how mentioning parenting stuff works.
You say something. We all judge you regardless of anything else, and you hang your head in shame while we feel better about ourselves.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Too late, that's not how mentioning parenting stuff works.
You say something. We all judge you regardless of anything else, and you hang your head in shame while we feel better about ourselves.
Judging is not how we did it, Erik. You should be ashamed of yourself.

;)

Last edited:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Judging is not how we did it, Erik. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Yep, we were told “If you can’t say something nice (about someone) don’t say anything at all.” Been trying to figure out how to use different wording so I wasn’t becoming my parents ever since.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
also, because the monkey child woke up a bit early at 6:30 (after being awake from 4am-5:15. Well, I think it was longer than that, I woke his father to trade off at that point) I got out the door a bit early and decided I'd stop and get coffee since bedtime had been 11:30. Went the wrong way to work for that and then thought oh well, I'll be good and just get work coffee. Work machine out of service. Le sigh.

Late bedtime was because we heard literal screaming from outside. Investigation showed it was neighbor teenage daughter scream crying on the phone over something that seemed life-altering due to the magnitude of response. Because I'm nosy, I opened a window to learn that a best friend had slept with an ex. 1. holy crap that's just......I guess they're high school but still

2. it was after this girl and boy had broken up. Eventually a sister comes out and is filled in. She was like holy crap and then also "but why do you care so much, you were broken up"

lol I agree sister

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
also, because the monkey child woke up a bit early at 6:30 (after being awake from 4am-5:15. Well, I think it was longer than that, I woke his father to trade off at that point) I got out the door a bit early and decided I'd stop and get coffee since bedtime had been 11:30. Went the wrong way to work for that and then thought oh well, I'll be good and just get work coffee. Work machine out of service. Le sigh.

Late bedtime was because we heard literal screaming from outside. Investigation showed it was neighbor teenage daughter scream crying on the phone over something that seemed life-altering due to the magnitude of response. Because I'm nosy, I opened a window to learn that a best friend had slept with an ex. 1. holy crap that's just......I guess they're high school but still

2. it was after this girl and boy had broken up. Eventually a sister comes out and is filled in. She was like holy crap and then also "but why do you care so much, you were broken up"

lol I agree sister
So now we have
The Nut
Little Man
Monkey Child.

Am I missing any others?

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Okay, all of you men can now laugh merrily at me. LEW forced ME to go to the doctor today. It might have had something to do with me sleeping about 18 hours out of every 24 since Friday...or not eating any meals since Friday. Or maybe it was the alternating shivers and fever. Maybe it was the fact the every frickin joint and muscle in my body hurts. We STILL don't know what's wrong with me. We do know that I don't have the flu, my white cell count is high, and that I'm running a fever of 101.6, which is about 4.5 degrees higher than my normal temp of 97 (I run low). They're running more test on my blood & urine. I would really like a definitive answer so that we can treat whatever this is. Send me some good thoughts, folks...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Okay, all of you men can now laugh merrily at me. LEW forced ME to go to the doctor today. It might have had something to do with me sleeping about 18 hours out of every 24 since Friday...or not eating any meals since Friday. Or maybe it was the alternating shivers and fever. Maybe it was the fact the every frickin joint and muscle in my body hurts. We STILL don't know what's wrong with me. We do know that I don't have the flu, my white cell count is high, and that I'm running a fever of 101.6, which is about 4.5 degrees higher than my normal temp of 97 (I run low). They're running more test on my blood & urine. I would really like a definitive answer so that we can treat whatever this is. Send me some good thoughts, folks...

Good luck, but I will say, start forcing fluids and food into yourself. Need to keep energy up.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Found my stepmom. She got stuck in Italy on her way over. Her flight was canceled and she got put on a plane a couple days later. Just got back home last night.

Paris Embassy folks are very nice if you ever need to deal with them. Thankfully my stepmom made me the emergency contact or else they wouldn't have been able to give me any info on her besides "she made her plane from Paris".

Rome embassy folks weren't so nice. But I eventually got the stuff I needed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Gotten any tick bites you know of? Friend here in the cities had the classic bullseye reaction bite from one late last week. Going on the druggies for the Lymes now. GD Lymes is everywhere. This could be the 2nd go around for my buddy.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Got another ride in today. First one on da road bike. Nice to ride with no real wind to speak of. Me much likey that. :)

Still nobody to ride with. Old folk friends haven't even had their bikes out yet and the guy I ride with sometimes has almost abandoned biking for racquetball. One of the neighbor gals says to give her a buzz to ride but think she's kinda of a A or B level biker and would bury old man recreational rider Boxster. Anyway, I think George Thorogood biking kinda suits me. I bike alone, with nobody else. You know when I bike alone I prefer to be myself. ;)

For crying out loud Boxster don't pass up that offer it might kill you but what a way to go ;). :p

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind.
Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Calm wind.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.