Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Rules are made to be broken.;) Though I would recommend a pair of those baby earmuffs for the loud boomers. I've seen them on babies in Hilton but have no idea where they get them (Amazon I suppose).

Yup we have always taken the kids and have used those.

Reactions: NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Last night we went to IC and had dinner and drinks with friends at Big Grove. Ducked out to get back to their apartment before the rain hit though. Just sat around talking which was nice. One of the couples recently bought a house and decided while cleaning to pull out the oven. They were disgusted that the previous owners apparently never did that and left matchbox cars and letter tiles from the fridge under there. I just laughed.

Busy week with work, B-17 visit on Tuesday along with my dad having a reverse shoulder replacement.

• Friendly

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Last night we went to IC and had dinner and drinks with friends at Big Grove. Ducked out to get back to their apartment before the rain hit though. Just sat around talking which was nice. One of the couples recently bought a house and decided while cleaning to pull out the oven. They were disgusted that the previous owners apparently never did that and left matchbox cars and letter tiles from the fridge under there. I just laughed.

Busy week with work, B-17 visit on Tuesday along with my dad having a reverse shoulder replacement.

What's the scoop on the B-17 visit?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
What's the scoop on the B-17 visit?

Flights in the morning ($470/person...it’s not cheap to fly this thing around) and ground tours from 1-5 for $10/person. It will be in Ankeny next weekend and Mason City in a few weeks I believe.

Also EAA just restored a B-24 and I am trying to get that for a weekend next year.

Reactions: BoxsterCy and NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Smoking ribs today, went to the store to buy apple juice. Needless to say, I got home and no juice.

• Funny

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
How long would you guys wait until you contacted an embassy for a potentially missing person?

Long story short my stepmom was robbed in France, got her passport, drivers license, credit cards, and phone all stolen. Last I heard was she got her emergency passport at the embassy and was flying out the next day. That was Thursday and haven't heard from her since.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got an invitation to HS 50th class reunion for 5:30 September 14th in NE Iowa. Iowa State/Iowa game is at 3:00 in Ames. WTF were they thinking? And by "they" I mean the gals from my class that set this up. Got to choose one or the other now.

Reminds me of when the guy doing my mom's estate sale two years ago was going to do the same thing, have the sale on during the game. Ah, no we ain't dude. Come on, NE during that game would just have me gone. The target audience of household junk and antique stuff is Hawk fans!

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Got an invitation to HS 50th class reunion for 5:30 September 14th in NE Iowa. Iowa State/Iowa game is at 3:00 in Ames. WTF were they thinking? And by "they" I mean the gals from my class that set this up. Got to choose one or the other now.

Reminds me of when the guy doing my mom's estate sale two years ago was going to do the same thing, have the sale on during the game. Ah, no we ain't dude. Come on, NE during that game would just have me gone. The target audience of household junk and antique stuff is Hawk fans!

How many HS reunions have you actually gone to? I see I got invited to a Facebook group for my 10th year reunion (even though its 2 years away). Probably not gonna go. Seems too fresh

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
How long would you guys wait until you contacted an embassy for a potentially missing person?

Long story short my stepmom was robbed in France, got her passport, drivers license, credit cards, and phone all stolen. Last I heard was she got her emergency passport at the embassy and was flying out the next day. That was Thursday and haven't heard from her since.

Think its appropriate to check around now

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Ah, good one there. We are so spoiled with cell phones and instant contact I don't know what to think about this. Wonder if they can let you know if she went through customs here. They would have that info but whether they would share it is another matter.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How many HS reunions have you actually gone to? I see I got invited to a Facebook group for my 10th year reunion (even though its 2 years away). Probably not gonna go. Seems too fresh

Yes, a 10 year reunion is sort of ********, skip it. Think I've been to two, mostly because my mother was still alive and if I skipped them she would give me a bad time and it was also an excuse to drive down and see the parental units. 50 seems like one I should attend although I kinda hated high school and not really friends with many from that period of my life. On the other hand, I am an admin on the class FB page and and pretty much the only one who shares of pics and stuff. Won't mind seeing a couple of the guys I hung out with back than but not sure if they are attending. Hell, not even sure if they are still even alive! Won't be able to talk with Rick, the guy whose fastball broke my nose so badly, since he died this year. And the catcher that day to. :(

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA

I would start calling people about how to find her.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watching MLB streaming and I see the Bounty paper towel step-on-the-giant-lego-spill commercial between every half inning. o_O

More frequent than the old Lady Gaga Dive Bar Tour commercials on Cyclone.TV a few years ago.

• Informative

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Can you check with the airlines to see if she made her flight? Hope you hear from her soon.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I've never made one yet it'll be 40 yrs (how did that happen?) in 2020.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've never made one yet it'll be 40 yrs (how did that happen?) in 2020.
I went to my 35th in 2001. The only one I ever went to. It was the same weekend as the ISU vs UCONN game so I figured I could do two things on that one weekend. Probably wouldn't have flown out for just one or the other.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I went to my five year to see if any of the drunk girls from the class would be around and how they looked. Haven’t went to another since.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I went to my five year to see if any of the drunk girls from the class would be around and how they looked. Haven’t went to another since.
Went to my 10, 20, 30, was going to pass on my 40 but Lew talked me into it. Too many posers, rwnj & faux wealthy, who all drink way too much. The 40 wasn't even IN Bellevue (despite it being the fifth largest city in the state). We paid way too much for a cash bar, finger food buffet (that was supposed to be dinner), and a band composed of former classmates.

I don't think there is a chance in hell of me going to the 50. I have better ways to spend my money. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.