Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Wife just showed me a snap chat of someone while he was driving. Thought it was illegal but realize it must not be since it was a police officer.
I don't understand the whole selfie while driving. I also don't understand the people that mount their phone in the car so they can record and post their opinion on stuff while driving.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you think that all police officers always obey the law...

I don't, especially not this guy.

BTW, rummaging around the ISU site and found this disaster:

1018.jpg

Where is the martini glass?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Youngest son getting the ISU barrage lately. Was at Naz's BB camp on friday. Has football camp there on Monday and Tuesday and then will stick around for another day while the oldest has orientation on tuesday and Wednesday.

Reactions: NWICY

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Just landed at LAX after a 2 hour delay in Dallas because of very severe thunderstorms. Never seen it so black outside.

This was 330pm.

l7M1F60.jpg

Made my connection though! (because it was also delayed)

They had a sign on the terminal about flights to Dallas from LAX and they said the next available plane for departure was Wednesday. That storm must've ****** some stuff up.

Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Told my son that we always ate at Linden hall while living in BWR since it was the closest. I see they must have closed that place. I guess Oak/elm it will be. (Was probably going to be anyhow since his gf is living there)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just landed at LAX after a 2 hour delay in Dallas because of very severe thunderstorms. Never seen it so black outside.

This was 330pm.

l7M1F60.jpg

They had a sign on the terminal about flights to Dallas from LAX and they said the next available plane for departure was Wednesday. That storm must've ****** some stuff up.

Damn, dat dark out!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Back to work tomorrow :(

Gotta be up around 5 to get a load into your company’s feed mill Incase I have to do some work elsewhere. Then be at JTS before 3 to get back for a haircut and then a BB/SB games for all three kids. Looks like bedtime around midnight.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got another ride in today. First one on da road bike. Nice to ride with no real wind to speak of. Me much likey that. :)

Still nobody to ride with. Old folk friends haven't even had their bikes out yet and the guy I ride with sometimes has almost abandoned biking for racquetball. One of the neighbor gals says to give her a buzz to ride but think she's kinda of a A or B level biker and would bury old man recreational rider Boxster. Anyway, I think George Thorogood biking kinda suits me. I bike alone, with nobody else. You know when I bike alone I prefer to be myself. ;)

Reactions: oldman

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I don't, especially not this guy.

BTW, rummaging around the ISU site and found this disaster:

1018.jpg

Where is the martini glass?
Yeah. I saw that in person. Damn political correctness, I suppose. The design of our era had elegance. This looks l Iike something done by children with crayons (may be appropriate for posting on the fridge of an appreciative parent but not for this purpose). It makes me wonder what the design was in @BoxsterCy 's era?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Had almost 3 inches of rain Saturday afternoon/evening. Had been working in the yard, and there was lot of thunder (for almost 20 minutes) but nothing else. Thought it wouldn't amount to anything.

Then, it started to sprinkle.....so I thought I'd better get inside. Holy smokes! Got inside just in time to beat the deluge. It rained so hard the gutters overflowed. :eek:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah. I saw that in person. Damn political correctness, I suppose. The design of our era had elegance. This looks l Iike something done by children with crayons (may be appropriate for posting on the fridge of an appreciative parent but not for this purpose). It makes me wonder what the design was in @BoxsterCy 's era?

You wouldn't be able to read the hieroglyphics in use back then. :rolleyes:

And the chiseling into the brick? Kinda pissed the demonstration off.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
RE: Fireworks, so our neighborhood does fireworks and last year I actually watched them from the nursery thinking about how in a couple weeks I'd have a baby and in a year the baby could watch with me. Anywho, I wasn't actually planning to take outside TO fireworks, just watch from his room. Cause yeah, that'd be a bit much at this age!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

This was 330pm.

l7M1F60.jpg

It was that dark the last time I was at LAX. Of course that was an early evening flight from Honolulu to LAX with a quick connection in the middle of the night to an Atlanta red eye.

Honolulu leaving at around 3 p.m. to LAX to Atlanta to MSP arriving mid morning is not much fun. I love running through airports in the middle of the night and early morning.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Had almost 3 inches of rain Saturday afternoon/evening. Had been working in the yard, and there was lot of thunder (for almost 20 minutes) but nothing else. Thought it wouldn't amount to anything.

Then, it started to sprinkle.....so I thought I'd better get inside. Holy smokes! Got inside just in time to beat the deluge. It rained so hard the gutters overflowed. :eek:

Been dodging the little intense 20% chance storms here, at least my burb. Some of the little bastards were small but almost ALL red on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.