Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just have some faith.

If NDubs flies along I assume this will be the approximate setting.

200w.gif
It fits his username name and motto also.

When you ask him how he lives he says, “ No Woman In Control, Yo!”

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
We are usually the first on the block to get out and clear our driveway. We have an SUV and 4WD truck, so getting in and out of the driveway isn't an issue for us - we just like to have a snow free drive.

My husband has decided to do the Ian Leonard March snow removal method for this storm: Let it melt.

Hubby left Monday morning for a work trip & gets home tomorrow afternoon. Garbage day is tomorrow. Guess who was outside today scooping a path from the garage to the curb? :oops:

(For those not from the Twin Cities, Ian Leonard is the local Fox9's meteorologist)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We are usually the first on the block to get out and clear our driveway. We have an SUV and 4WD truck, so getting in and out of the driveway isn't an issue for us - we just like to have a snow free drive.

My husband has decided to do the Ian Leonard March snow removal method for this storm: Let it melt.

Hubby left Monday morning for a work trip & gets home tomorrow afternoon. Garbage day is tomorrow. Guess who was outside today scooping a path from the garage to the curb? :oops:

(For those not from the Twin Cities, Ian Leonard is the local Fox9's meteorologist)
Since you guys are relatively new (or at least re-new) to the area, you can be forgiven for making the assumption that the snow will melt when you think it will melt. And when it does melt it takes its own sweet time so that your dog's paws will be as muddy as possible for as long as possible.

Also, since you are pretty close to it, have you been to R Social in Rogers? That place has great food. Also, they make an old-fashioned with cigar bitters, which sounds gross, but is terrific. I guess that is if you like old-fashioneds (sp?).

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
Since you guys are relatively new (or at least re-new) to the area, you can be forgiven for making the assumption that the snow will melt when you think it will melt. And when it does melt it takes its own sweet time so that your dog's paws will be as muddy as possible for as long as possible.

Also, since you are pretty close to it, have you been to R Social in Rogers? That place has great food. Also, they make an old-fashioned with cigar bitters, which sounds gross, but is terrific. I guess that is if you like old-fashioneds (sp?).
LOL No dogs, so that’s good!

Yes, we’ve been to R Social many times! Food and atmosphere are great. Wish the outdoor seating didn’t overlook the parking lot, but oh well. My husband likes an old fashioned. Not sure if he’s had that one.

Big Bore BBQ in Hanover is very good. Plus D’s Smokehouse in Zimmerman. We also like Boondox & Rockwoods (especially Bonfire Wednesdays) in Otsego. Just a few places we go to.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
People who build trusses should spend time setting them too. Our crane guy showed up this morning and the first thing he said is "Just so we're all on the same page, I told your boss we shouldn't be doing this today." The wind was a little too much to be doing trusses.

Anyway the very first truss didn't fit. There's wall height changes, 9 foot and 10 foot, and the heel of the truss was only 11.25 inches, not 12, so it wasn't touching one of the exterior walls. So we had to take it off and rip out some of the tie plates because all the trusses with height changes were all different lengths between 11 and 12 inches. So that was fun.

And then each end of the duplex has a massive gable end, and with the wind, it was super sketchy setting those.

And because it's a duplex, you need the divider trusses to be drywalled, so those were also a blast setting and nailing off.

Luckily all the trusses for the other half had the 12 inch heel height so those all fit fine.

So all in all, what was probably going to be a 3-4 hour set turned into 8.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
LOL No dogs, so that’s good!

Yes, we’ve been to R Social many times! Food and atmosphere are great. Wish the outdoor seating didn’t overlook the parking lot, but oh well. My husband likes an old fashioned. Not sure if he’s had that one.

Big Bore BBQ in Hanover is very good. Plus D’s Smokehouse in Zimmerman. We also like Boondox & Rockwoods (especially Bonfire Wednesdays) in Otsego. Just a few places we go to.
Since you've been to Big Bore, can I assume that you've also been to River Inn. That's another favorite.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Speaking of government work, my smaller bathrooms took the lead last night.
I entered the first, saw a desk in there, and thought, "WTH?"

Then I noticed the sticky floor, heavy urine smell, and clean toilet, and knew bad things were ahead for me.
That unit has another small bathroom that had a couple spots covered with a nice, dry, caked-on layer of vomit. Hats off to the teachers who left that for all those hours.

Several rooms were skipped for that deep-cleaning party last night. Those are odors that you just love to track down.

Help Support Us

Become a patron