Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Were the Schwab and TD ones separate? My Schwab one looked like it had everything on it.
I can't make heads or tails of them, Hopefully the tax guy can. I guess it's a possibility, I'll bring it up tomorrow.
There was a TD 1099 Composite and a Schwab 1099 Composite, maybe that is both of them. Pretty sure I sent them all to him.

Plus I did an IRA - Roth conversion. In fact I need to tell the retirement team to go ahead and do another one this year.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
My foreman and I worked on a bathroom remodel today, shower doors are a pain in the ass. Especially when you put the fixed glass panel on the wrong side.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Night two of assessment week, and it appears the kids found their destructive focus. Several rooms led me to say "dear Lord" like Dr. Hibbert when I turned those lights on, but none surprised me quite as much as the stall in the 8th grade boys' room. Some young scholar apparently realized that he had too many shoes on, as most of us do in a public bathroom, and left his sandal in the toilet. This also apparently led to a loss of balance which caused him to spill his chocolate milk all over the floor by the toilet, as it will.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Night two of assessment week, and it appears the kids found their destructive focus. Several rooms led me to say "dear Lord" like Dr. Hibbert when I turned those lights on, but none surprised me quite as much as the stall in the 8th grade boys' room. Some young scholar apparently realized that he had too many shoes on, as most of us do in a public bathroom, and left his sandal in the toilet. This also apparently led to a loss of balance which caused him to spill his chocolate milk all over the floor by the toilet, as it will.
Maybe a kid was just pouring one out for his homie that got sucked down the toilet

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm about ready to ask this one service delivery manager if he knows how to read. I have answered his question multiple times in the same chat that he keeps asking.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I really didn't like the 2016 Ghostbusters when I first saw it mainly because I thought they really had bad writing for what I think was very good/funny talent available but it's on now and it's actually a little better with time.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wanted to order some powder copper fungicide to use on my garden and lilac busches off of Amazon, but it says it won't deliver to my zip code. I live in Ames. Weird.....

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm about ready to ask this one service delivery manager if he knows how to read. I have answered his question multiple times in the same chat that he keeps asking.
I've learned over the years that a lot of people just like to hear themselves talk.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Through the power of pretending I have access to unlimited funds, I just put together a great Elite Eight trip for only $7200, assuming we don't eat.

That included flying first-class, staying right next to the Garden, and not-quite courtside seats. Might as well go all the way with the imagination thing, right?
Sure, and don't forget to share pics here so we can live vicariously through your good fortune!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My foreman and I worked on a bathroom remodel today, shower doors are a pain in the ass. Especially when you put the fixed glass panel on the wrong side.

It's less fun when the fixed glass installers (GlassArt Design) broke the custom half frosted 3/8" panel they are installing. Heard the crash/shatter and than the swearing from the other room. Even though the temper glass was in a million pieces the one guy did get some minor cuts so I was swipe and band aid gathering. Imagine the company was pissed at the crew. They told me they had never had that happen to them before. They do their own glass so lead time to replace wasn't too bad and it got a priority rush.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Through the power of pretending I have access to unlimited funds, I just put together a great Elite Eight trip for only $7200, assuming we don't eat.

That included flying first-class, staying right next to the Garden, and not-quite courtside seats. Might as well go all the way with the imagination thing, right?
Our wives are staying home to take care of the kids so the two of us can enjoy it right?

Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I really didn't like the 2016 Ghostbusters when I first saw it mainly because I thought they really had bad writing for what I think was very good/funny talent available but it's on now and it's actually a little better with time.
I won't watch it. I've learned over the years to not mess with things from when you were young. Candy, movies, music, things like that; the remakes are never as good as the original and it seems to diminish your fondness for the original.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I won't watch it. I've learned over the years to not mess with things from when you were young. Candy, movies, music, things like that; the remakes are never as good as the original and it seems to diminish your fondness for the original.

I found it to be very different from the original even if maybe the story is sort of similar so thankfully I don't feel like it's diminished.

Outside of the 80s special effects the original still holds up quite well.

Reactions: BCClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron