Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
@cmjh10 you hear the school that you live by is going to 4 day weeks next year? rumor is like an extra half hour each day. Must be having class during lunch and trying to have music while running to combine music and PE. No idea how that works unless they had an extra month to the schedule.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I know. I might do the pictures, anyway, unless the donations roll in.

@NWICY, we'd fly out Saturday morning, land in Boston just before 2, and have plenty of time to get set up and all that.
Sounds like a heck of a trip. Wish I would have won that lottery that someone in Jersey won.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does the youngest know her?
Texted it to the wife and now she thinks she may have taught her but then the kid moved away.

If it’s who the wife thinks, it would be a no go for the youngest to date. The dad is weird as hell and the mom (they are divorced) takes bat-sheet crazy to another level.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Texted it to the wife and now she thinks she may have taught her but then the kid moved away.

If it’s who the wife thinks, it would be a no go for the youngest to date. The dad is weird as hell and the mom (they are divorced) takes bat-sheet crazy to another level.
Well at least you solved the mystery. I just thought maybe it was someone he knew from another school.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Might want to draw those with crayon. The money for all this is imaginary.
If it's imaginary, why didn't you fly private? There's a certain former university president that has a pilot's license and is looking for side jobs because I know there's no way that Executive Director for the council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports is a full-time job.

Reactions: CycloneErik

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I found it to be very different from the original even if maybe the story is sort of similar so thankfully I don't feel like it's diminished.

Outside of the 80s special effects the original still holds up quite well.
It holds up quite well because it's a timeless story, like something from Dickens.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If it's imaginary, why didn't you fly private? There's a certain former university president that has a pilot's license and is looking for side jobs because I know there's no way that Executive Director for the council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports is a full-time job.

Great point! Off to research!!

Reactions: SaraV and jcyclonee

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
@cmjh10 you hear the school that you live by is going to 4 day weeks next year? rumor is like an extra half hour each day. Must be having class during lunch and trying to have music while running to combine music and PE. No idea how that works unless they had an extra month to the schedule.

I saw some argument on Facebook a couple weeks ago about something. Must have been this. One less day the dogs are going to lose their minds while outside? I’m all for it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I found it to be very different from the original even if maybe the story is sort of similar so thankfully I don't feel like it's diminished.

Outside of the 80s special effects the original still holds up quite well.
Ghostbusters Afterlife was better than I expected. Haven't heard good things about the new one

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

G5 playa!

Les Grossman : [turns off the music] Or... you can grow a conscience in the next five minutes and see where that takes you.
Rick Peck : Let me get this straight. You want me to let my client of 15 years, one of my best friends, die in the jungle alone, for some money and a G5?
Les Grossman : Yes.
Rick Peck : [pause] A G5 airplane?
Les Grossman : [whispering] Yes... and lots of money... playaaaa!
[turns on the music and dances again]

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Managed to strain a left forearm muscle shoveling a couple tons of heavy snow in Storm #2. Didn't realize until I had to shovel out from Storm #3. Even though I am right handed I think I am going to miss a start or two.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I'm gonna hold off on the jet company's request button until those donations roll in.
Just have some faith.

If NDubs flies along I assume this will be the approximate setting.

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron