Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not even giving a time to restore power. When that's the case it usually means 2 or 3 days. Went to workout, half just to charge the phone. Broke the don't open the freezer rule to remove the icemaker bowl before it melted and flowed out the ice dispenser.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and Ms3r4ISU

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
doc-holliday-im-your-huckleberry.gif

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
That does make a lot of sense.

Same here, but was really hoping 2 weeks had been enough. Surprisingly she actually came in at lower weight which is strange because I feel like I've given her more food than usual since she has had the cone on.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The building I work in is so unreasonably cold. Like I'm achey from it. I'm going to need a sweatshirt for work I think.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Weird couple of weeks for me.

I recently discovered that I have mild skin cancer. The kind that they tell you, "If you are going to have cancer this is the kind to have." Nothing bad should come of it but it's a scary word. I guess I'll find out my next step in the process in a week or two.

My youngest daughter's car was backed into on a Saturday at the high school. She wasn't in it but a neighbor witnessed it and gave us the vehicle info. The police investigated, found damage on the other vehicle consistent with our statement and the witness's statement, and spoke with the driver and owner of the vehicle. The driver admitted that she was at the high school but said that she wasn't in an accident. Her mom stated that her daughter wasn't in an accident and wouldn't give out insurance info without proof (I guess the damage and the witness aren't adequate).

My oldest daughter had covid, along with almost everybody else at Drake. Hopefully, not Erik. She also lost her cat for about 8 hours (turned up in the wheel well of a car in her apartment's parking lot).

My blood pressure is pretty high, my glucose is kind of high, and I just had a shingles shot yesterday which has my arm kind of soar and has given me a bit of a headache today.

The basement of mom's house is leaking but, otherwise, she's adjusting pretty well to her new reality.

My son came home on Saturday. I didn't see him from Monday evening until last night. I saw him for about 3 minutes last night before he left again. I guess our schedules don't match up exactly. That sounds a lot like me during college.

I'll go back to making my dumb euphemisms now. Just so you know. My wife left for a girl's trip to Texas yesterday and I didn't even make any pillow fight references. I guess I am a little bit off.

OK. That's enough complaining. The weather's nice and it's Friday. Thanks for listening to my complaining or for ignoring my complaining because none of this is really that important... except for the pillow fight thing.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I recently discovered that I have mild skin cancer. The kind that they tell you, "If you are going to have cancer this is the kind to have." Nothing bad should come of it but it's a scary word. I guess I'll find out my next step in the process in a week or two.

My youngest daughter's car was backed into on a Saturday at the high school. She wasn't in it but a neighbor witnessed it and gave us the vehicle info. The police investigated, found damage on the other vehicle consistent with our statement and the witness's statement, and spoke with the driver and owner of the vehicle. The driver admitted that she was at the high school but said that she wasn't in an accident. Her mom stated that her daughter wasn't in an accident and wouldn't give out insurance info without proof (I guess the damage and the witness aren't adequate).

My oldest daughter had covid, along with almost everybody else at Drake. Hopefully, not Erik. She also lost her cat for about 8 hours (turned up in the wheel well of a car in her apartment's parking lot).

My blood pressure is pretty high, my glucose is kind of high, and I just had a shingles shot yesterday which has my arm kind of soar and has given me a bit of a headache today.

The basement of mom's house is leaking but, otherwise, she's adjusting pretty well to her new reality.

My son came home on Saturday. I didn't see him from Monday evening until last night. I saw him for about 3 minutes last night before he left again. I guess our schedules don't match up exactly. That sounds a lot like me during college.

I'll go back to making my dumb euphemisms now. Just so you know. My wife left for a girl's trip to Texas yesterday and I didn't even make any pillow fight references. I guess I am a little bit off.

OK. That's enough complaining. The weather's nice and it's Friday. Thanks for listening to my complaining or for ignoring my complaining because none of this is really that important... except for the pillow fight thing.
So let me get this straight, the mom wouldn't even give insurance info to the police??

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

I'd say none of that is complaining, just good solid reporting :)
And cancer is always a scary word, regardless of what is said after that.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So let me get this straight, the mom wouldn't even give insurance info to the police??
Correct. And evidently you aren't technically required to have insurance in the parking lot of the high school since it is private property. It's weird that they wouldn't have insurance because the car is pretty new (2020). We did a records search and discovered that mom has been cited twice for driving without insurance. Out insurance company won't do anything because we only have liability on the car. I'm pretty cheap but also didn't realize that the value of the car would double in the last two years.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Correct. And evidently you aren't technically required to have insurance in the parking lot of the high school since it is private property. It's weird that they wouldn't have insurance because the car is pretty new (2020). We did a records search and discovered that mom has been cited twice for driving without insurance. Out insurance company won't do anything because we only have liability on the car. I'm pretty cheap but also didn't realize that the value of the car would double in the last two years.
So, perhaps there is no insurance info to provide. Or maybe there is, but daughter isn't on the policy. Or they're just being obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.