Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
To me it is just like Chik-Fil-A. If you are a regular you are stupid not to use the app. Same with Kwik Star, just an easy punch in my phone number and after 15 visits we get .05/gallon off. We are going anyway why not get some discounts.

Plus if you can remember, once a day you can watch an ad in the Kwik Star app and get an extra visit.

I didn't even realize until a few days ago you could use visits for gas discounts, I thought it was just for food and drink.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Anyone play Wordle? Saw a news story about this a couple days ago. It's a once-daily, quick little word game that's taken off in the last couple of months.

You have six tries to guess a five-letter word. If any of the letters used in your guesses is in the word, it will change color to indicate that the letter is either 1) in the same position as where you guessed it, or 2) in the word, but not in the same position as when you guessed it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It's amazing the amount of differences in Dr opinions. Both my dad and fil needed new joints in the past few years and had the same experience with Dr's. They went to a Dr who told both it was just a little arthritis. Went to another Dr and he asked them why they didn't come in sooner. Took less than a month to get new joints when they went there.
Isn't that the truth. We had a doctor that specifically looked at the boy for a tethered cord. He said that wasn't his issue. That was about 6 years ago. Turns out they knew that he was borderline tethered at the time. This doctor was old school and believed that you don't do anything with a borderline tethered cord so he didn't do anything with it. But the problem is he didn't even tell us it was borderline he just said he doesn't have a tethered cord. No monitor it or even give us a reason to get a second opinion. Now the boy has been fighting a multitude of issues and we have pulled our hair out trying to get to the bottom of them. He now has scoliosis so bad that he is likely headed for back surgery soon. I get so mad whenever I think about it because the scoliosis and back surgery could have been headed off not to mention all of the other related issues. Of course the other doctors won't come out and say that the other guy dropped the ball, just that he is in another school of thought on the issue.

If there is any doubt whatsoever, get a second opinion.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
walked all the way to my work building this morning only to realize I left my work badge in my car so I had to go back and get it. Fingers still thawing out.

Had to turn around early into commute drive a couple of times to go back home and grab DoD CAC card. Could probably have gotten into the building but won't have been able to access my computer without the card.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
walked all the way to my work building this morning only to realize I left my work badge in my car so I had to go back and get it. Fingers still thawing out.
I've driven all the way into the office only to realize I forgot to bring my laptop so I had to go home to get it. That was after we could no longer log into our work laptop from our home PC. It sucks because you have to bring your laptop home every night in case you get called and have to log in.
Of course being that we have been WFH for almost 2 years that hasn't been a problem.

Reactions: ScottyP

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'll graciously take the Porsche or the audi for the betterment of the team

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have been thinking about this lately. I am obviously VERY far from retiring but what it would look like is something that is on my mind. The more I think about it I think I would rather find some easy part time, easy to schedule around type of job and maybe retire a year or two sooner than sticking it out full time longer.

Does a local motorcycle shop have some sales or other part time positions that you could do?

Boy can I put you in contact there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron