Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Watching Yellowstone, there is one screw up they have several times. Dude fishing in the stream is trespassing. You can be in a boat on the water but you can’t touch the ground. Owner owns the ground under the river but not the water in the river.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Boss's son got $1.47/gal yesterday. Boss filled up 2 trucks today, one at $1.29/g and the other at $0.99/g. Casey's has to be losing money.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Boss's son got $1.47/gal yesterday. Boss filled up 2 trucks today, one at $1.29/g and the other at $0.99/g. Casey's has to be losing money.

How did you guys rack up so much in savings? I may have to look into getting the Casey's app.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
How did you guys rack up so much in savings? I may have to look into getting the Casey's app.
They obviously spend a lot of money at Casey's

1. EARNING Casey's Rewards Points. Program members are eligible to earn points as follows, subject to the terms set forth in this Agreement and as amended from time-to-time:
  • Merchandise: 10 points for every full $1 actually spent on eligible/qualifying items purchased at participating Casey's stores (in person or over the phone), on Casey's website or through its mobile app (both of which require you to be logged-in to your Casey's account at the time of purchase); or
  • Fuel: 5 points for every full gallon of fuel purchased (other than purchases made with your Casey's Rewards fuel discount). Fuel purchases do not earn points for dollars spent (i.e., no double points are awarded); or
  • Other: Casey's may also offer special promotions or other offerings which can earn points or may otherwise provide points for certain occasions or customer service reasons, all at Casey's sole discretion.

• Fuel Discount: Redeem 250 points for a $0.05/gallon fuel discount, with each additional 50 points representing an additional $0.01/gallon discount (for example, if you redeem 350 points, you will receive $0.07/gallon fuel discount). When used, fuel discounts will apply to a maximum of 20 gallons per transaction only, and points will not be earned on fuel transactions/gallons on which the usage is applied.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

To me it is just like Chik-Fil-A. If you are a regular you are stupid not to use the app. Same with Kwik Star, just an easy punch in my phone number and after 15 visits we get .05/gallon off. We are going anyway why not get some discounts.

Reactions: SaraV and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To me it is just like Chik-Fil-A. If you are a regular you are stupid not to use the app. Same with Kwik Star, just an easy punch in my phone number and after 15 visits we get .05/gallon off. We are going anyway why not get some discounts.
Each Casey’s point is 4 tenths of a cent. I am just shy of 12,500 points and at that point I will have $50.

• Informative
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Yeah I use KwikStar all the time but very seldom do I get really deep discounts once I timed it right and got 90 cents on 30 gallons so that was good.

Reactions: wxman1

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Have had three ankle surgeries, plate and 20 screws. Ankle is fused. Can walk without a limp which is really awesome! Had to fill the void of lack of bone with a form of bondo. Plate and screws were taken out in my last surgery.
Sounds like my dad. He was misdiagnosed and walked around on a broken ankle a whole summer, because he supposedly had gout, then pseudo-gout (whatever the **** that was).
Finally got a second opinion (from someone a LOT less arrogant) and his ankle has such a gap that they had to take bone from his hip to infill.
They put him in a walking boot and a week later, he had almost all his screws broke. New surgery, and no boot. It's finally in a decent spot, but that really took a toll on his mobility.:(

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I’m 50 and I’m clueless what I want to do. If I knew no kid wanted to take over, I would retire after this year (kinda too late to do it now), but it’s a career that once a family quits, that family is done forever for the most part.
I'm 62, been a construction estimator for over 30 years, retiring in 6 months and I STILL don't know what I want to do for sure.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Sounds like my dad. He was misdiagnosed and walked around on a broken ankle a whole summer, because he supposedly had gout, then pseudo-gout (whatever the **** that was).
Finally got a second opinion (from someone a LOT less arrogant) and his ankle has such a gap that they had to take bone from his hip to infill.
They put him in a walking boot and a week later, he had almost all his screws broke. New surgery, and no boot. It's finally in a decent spot, but that really took a toll on his mobility.:(
It's amazing the amount of differences in Dr opinions. Both my dad and fil needed new joints in the past few years and had the same experience with Dr's. They went to a Dr who told both it was just a little arthritis. Went to another Dr and he asked them why they didn't come in sooner. Took less than a month to get new joints when they went there.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
walked all the way to my work building this morning only to realize I left my work badge in my car so I had to go back and get it. Fingers still thawing out.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm 62, been a construction estimator for over 30 years, retiring in 6 months and I STILL don't know what I want to do for sure.
That's one of the things I am struggling with.
1. What to do, work? golf? crazed loner working on my manifesto?
2. Where to live. I don't want to stay in my current house. I have 7.5 acres in Missouri near Truman lake that I originally wanted to build on. I have three sisters in Blacksburg Va. that want me to move out there. Or do I buy something else somewhere between Omaha and Ames or somewhere else.

I'm 63 & 6 months, full retirement is at 66 & 8 months. Being that I had to start a new 401k when this current company bought us I am considering leaving when I feel I can just take that and live on that until I hit 66 & 8 months. That would give my rollover IRA, investment account and Roth 3 more years to grow.

Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It's amazing the amount of differences in Dr opinions. Both my dad and fil needed new joints in the past few years and had the same experience with Dr's. They went to a Dr who told both it was just a little arthritis. Went to another Dr and he asked them why they didn't come in sooner. Took less than a month to get new joints when they went there.
I started with my primary care, when he asked about issues at my regular checkup. He took an Xray & sent me to my podiatrist. She took more Xrays & said it was beyond her range of expertise, and sent me to the podiatrist who did the implant. Just kept moving up the chain, I guess...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Looks like we have a copycat thread guys.
Link?
2. Where to live. I don't want to stay in my current house. I have 7.5 acres in Missouri near Truman lake that I originally wanted to build on. I have three sisters in Blacksburg Va. that want me to move out there. Or do I buy something else somewhere between Omaha and Ames or somewhere else.

I'm 63 & 6 months, full retirement is at 66 & 8 months. Being that I had to start a new 401k when this current company bought us I am considering leaving when I feel I can just take that and live on that until I hit 66 & 8 months. That would give my rollover IRA, investment account and Roth 3 more years to grow.
Don't go too far - we like hanging with you!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
walked all the way to my work building this morning only to realize I left my work badge in my car so I had to go back and get it. Fingers still thawing out.

Did that back in early December when I went in to "clean out" my cube. Remembered the mask though!

Reactions: ScottyP

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

I have been thinking about this lately. I am obviously VERY far from retiring but what it would look like is something that is on my mind. The more I think about it I think I would rather find some easy part time, easy to schedule around type of job and maybe retire a year or two sooner than sticking it out full time longer.

Does a local motorcycle shop have some sales or other part time positions that you could do?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I have been thinking about this lately. I am obviously VERY far from retiring but what it would look like is something that is on my mind. The more I think about it I think I would rather find some easy part time, easy to schedule around type of job and maybe retire a year or two sooner than sticking it out full time longer.

Does a local motorcycle shop have some sales or other part time positions that you could do?
I keep hoping a city bus hits me and takes a few toes or something so I can retire early.

Status
Not open for further replies.