Racist UofI Hawkkks - Settlement Paid By Tax Payers

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
The Doyle piece is the smoking gun to those whole thing.

If this was all made up by these former players, Doyle would have filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against Iowa right away.
Not only did he get fired, but there's already evidence that this cost him another job. He'd have the easiest case ever.

Doyle agreed not to sue per his separation agreement in June 2020.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How in the world do people actually believe Kirk Ferentz is a good person with that being known?

Ummmmm…. because he’s won a lot of football games….. duh.

He could do MUCH worse than this and be forgiven as long as he keeps winning. He already has.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
KKKirk Ferentz and Gary Barta could literally piss on the head of a hawkeye fan and that fan would say, "I love how this rain feels." Its scary. And how Ferentz has shifted all the blame for this to Barta... even scarier.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

I particularly like this quote.

“We need to review the Regents budget and hold it until the stench over Iowa City is dismissed,” she said.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

I particularly like this quote.
Yep, ISU and UNI will pay for the stench in Iowa City

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Technically, Iowa's tax payers are coughing up $2 million to bail out the Board of Regents for their role in allowing the University of Iowa to create a culture of racism within their athletic department. That's why the state is on the hook for this payment. So shouldn't someone at the BOR Office be held accountable?

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Unbelievable how no one has called on kkkirk to accept any responsibility and no one has held him accountable for any of his actions on this matter and all the othe scandals of sukeye FB....cell phonegate, housinggate, players rape, rhabdo, racism,....what am i missing.
ANY OTHER FB or BB coach in 'merica would be long gone.....

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Unbelievable how no one has called on kkkirk to accept any responsibility and no one has held him accountable for any of his actions on this matter and all the othe scandals of sukeye FB....cell phonegate, housinggate, players rape, rhabdo, racism,....what am i missing.
ANY OTHER FB or BB coach in 'merica would be long gone.....
But but but they WAVE at KIDS!!! SICK kids!!!!

cy90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 12, 2010
Any chance vote was 2-1 because of Cyclones vs Hawks. Maybe Sand just voted that way because he wants Barta and eventually with new AD Kirk out. Cyclones would vote to keep the status quo.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
It still blows my mind how quickly the media forgave and moved on from the sexual assault charges and cover up.

Imagine surviving that today.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It still blows my mind how quickly the media forgave and moved on from the sexual assault charges and cover up.

Imagine surviving that today.
It's a sick world we live in. At lease we don't live in Iowa City.

Reactions: GMackey32

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
There was nothing political about that, that was as you said “doing right for the citizens”. And relying on the kirkwood institute as a point is rather amusing given its political agenda
I am not political and have no idea what the Kirkwood Institute is. I just did a quick google on Rob Sand and this popped up. Seems like a reason why some would feel a little suspicious, to his credit, in the article I posted he admitted he was wrong which is very unlike a politician.

• Creative
Reactions: CyDude16

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I agree with you, but I think it is safe to say at this time that a lot of the players in the law suit did lie about their initial claims.

You are correct that we will never know the full story.
Did Kirk ever testify under oath in a deposition? The players did, did Kirk? I am curious. If he hasn’t, I feel the fact he hides behind his lawyer and the players’ depositions really shows what kind of a weasel he is. But if he did testify under oath, I stand corrected then.