Prohm got a job!

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Talking on a pod every night after the kids go to bed, hopefully sans pants, is a good gig to get while collecting $5M from your former employer.

I've never heard of Field of 68 until this moment, but the names involved would lead me to believe it's a pretty solid college basketball pod.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Talking on a pod every night after the kids go to bed, hopefully sans pants, is a good gig to get while collecting $5M from your former employer.

I've never heard of Field of 68 until this moment, but the names involved would lead me to believe it's a pretty solid college basketball pod.
Doesnt seem like every day, it says he's part of a rotating group or is he like a host?

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I think he’ll ultimately get an assistant job or a HC position at a low major, but if he’s wanting to spend more time with the family this is a fine interim gig.

My two cents before this thread inevitably goes off the rails.

Low major job, recruit an elite guard, turn him loose on competition he can dominate. "Just make a play".
That's the SP formula for becoming a multi-millionare.

Reactions: ClonesFTW

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA

I enjoy listening to Dauster quite a bit. Goodman is obviously well connected, but he can get annoying pretty quickly

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Prohm got the ISU job because of Fred Hoiberg. Fred believed in him and strongly encouraged Jamie to hire him.

and-here-we-go-joker.gif

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Calling it a "job" might be a bit of a stretch. I'm sure he'll be well compensated, and it's a way to keep his name out there, but I doubt it's a full-time gig in the way most of us think about a job.

Anyway, good for him. I might check it out from time to time once it launches.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

They have some connections, but it looks like a likely flop. I was surprised when it was introduced. There's just no way to make something like that profitable. Niche reporters, niche sport.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Calling it a "job" might be a bit of a stretch. I'm sure he'll be well compensated, and it's a way to keep his name out there, but I doubt it's a full-time gig in the way most of us think about a job.

Anyway, good for him. I might check it out from time to time once it launches.
If they pay you, it's a job.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron