Prohm got a job!

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Good for him. He's a good man, and almost certainly doesn't need the money. Hope he gets a shot at another coaching gig someday.
Seriously wish him the very best. He lost control at the end, but he is as good of a man as I have seen in major college coaching (hoops or football). Honest to God good guy it has always seemed. And genuinely cared about players, which is more than scum like Self, Pitino, or Calipari can say. Oh and our guys hardly ever got in trouble.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
pollard wanted Otz, president wanted CSP. Pres won

I think Leath just wanted an external coaching search and not to hire from within, I don't think it was specifically Prohm, and at that point I'm not even sure there were non-TJ candidates. At least that is how I remember the rumors at the time.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I remember CDub writing that a few months ago, although I don't know if an actual offer was ever made.

Thinking long-term it might be good that CSP didn't take it, if it was in fact offered to him. I fully expect Mike White to be on the "hot seat" next season with Florida's relative underachievement under his tenure.

White has been there six years.

He made the NIT his first season. Ro32 three times. Elite eight once. And COVID cancelled the tournament the other time. He's dependably making the tournament with at least good records.

I guess it doesn't take much to be on the "hot seat" if that all isn't good enough for the Gators.

If Prohm didn't want on a sinking ship, then fine, but I don't usually think the assistants pay for regime change nearly as much as the head man does -- like Prohm is right now, for instance.

No, Prohm got the ISU job because Jamie Pollard hired him.

I thought it was Pollard wanted TJ but Leath wanted an experienced head coach.

TJ took the lesson to heart and went off and got some head coaching experience.

Then Leath crashed an airplane, left Ames, and metaphorically crashed an airplane in Auburn.

I like Auburn. They take so many of our bad hires off our hands.

Reactions: NWICY

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
White has been there six years.

He made the NIT his first season. Ro32 three times. Elite eight once. And COVID cancelled the tournament the other time. He's dependably making the tournament with at least good records.

I guess it doesn't take much to be on the "hot seat" if that all isn't good enough for the Gators.

If Prohm didn't want on a sinking ship, then fine, but I don't usually think the assistants pay for regime change nearly as much as the head man does -- like Prohm is right now, for instance.

I don't disagree that the "hot seat" label may be unfair, but Billy Donovan isn't coming back to coach anytime soon.

Florida really controlled that R32 game against Oral Roberts pretty much right up until the end, and a 15 seed wound up going to the Sweet Sixteen instead of them. Had that not happened I don't think White's seat would be as hot. For all I know it might not be that hot anyway; pure speculation on my part.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Seriously wish him the very best. He lost control at the end, but he is as good of a man as I have seen in major college coaching (hoops or football). Honest to God good guy it has always seemed. And genuinely cared about players, which is more than scum like Self, Pitino, or Calipari can say. Oh and our guys hardly ever got in trouble.

THIS. I bet he's just as disappointed in how it went down as we were.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Everytime this thread gets bumped I think of this song. (Also, if you're middle aged like me and wanna feel old, watch the video.)

• Friendly
Reactions: Cyclonick182

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This will give him a forum to use the phrase "to where ..." about 50 times per night.

I do like Prohm though. I thought he was going to keep things going at ISU but not to be.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron