Preferred Wings

Preferred wing type

• Total voters

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Listening to The Le Batard show today and they were discussing what type of wings you prefer. (Drumlettes vs flat wings) So for fun I decided to take it to Cyclone Fanatic.

** Disclaimer: Votes are public so that you may be judged. ;)

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not just flat, but boneless. None of that finagling with avoiding eating bones and chunks* and what not.

Boneless, two easy steps: 1.) select wing 2.) shove into mouth

*still possible with boneless wings too but whatever you get the idea

First goddamn reply. Start a chicken nugget thread.

189.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Breast meat is excellent, don't give me that. Especially when breaded and lathered with honey barbeque sauce.

Pork tenderloin is also delicious when breaded and lathered in honey barbecue sauce. That doesn't make it a wing, though.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Actually, changed mine to drumlettes. The more I think about it, the more I see that flats seem to have more wasted material and are harder to work with than drums. I'd feel more comfortable getting my money's worth on drums.

Reactions: Doc

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It's flavorless and lacks all the greasy goodness of wings.
Grease is all fine and dandy until it makes the whole wing soggier than hell, then you just ruined a perfectly good chunk of poultry even worse than cutting breast into chunks and breading it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Actually, changed mine to drumlettes. The more I think about it, the more I see that flats seem to have more wasted material and are harder to work with than drums. I'd feel more comfortable getting my money's worth on drums.

I had the flats vs drummies discussion with a guy who tried to demonstrate that flats were better, by showing me a technique where he sort of pressed one end of the wing down on his plate, and pinch the other end between his fingers. Then, he pressed down with his hand, and all of the meat sort of sloughed off and bunch around the bottom, forming sort of a meat lollipop. He insisted that it was the absolute best way to eat wings. The only thing I could see that it was "best" at, was getting your hand incredibly greasy.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I had the flats vs drummies discussion with a guy who tried to demonstrate that flats were better, by showing me a technique where he sort of pressed one end of the wing down on his plate, and pinch the other end between his fingers. Then, he pressed down with his hand, and all of the meat sort of sloughed off and bunch around the bottom, forming sort of a meat lollipop. He insisted that it was the absolute best way to eat wings. The only thing I could see that it was "best" at, was getting your hand incredibly greasy.
I'd give him points for ingenuity, but that amount of work and mess is definitely not worth the return.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron