Preferred Wings

Preferred wing type

• Total voters

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Flats, with a fork. Don't miss a single bit that way. I realize eating wings with a fork requires the indubitable and lifelong submission of my 'man' card but my wife took that long, long ago. So I'm good.

• Agree
Reactions: AgronAlum

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
I had the flats vs drummies discussion with a guy who tried to demonstrate that flats were better, by showing me a technique where he sort of pressed one end of the wing down on his plate, and pinch the other end between his fingers. Then, he pressed down with his hand, and all of the meat sort of sloughed off and bunch around the bottom, forming sort of a meat lollipop. He insisted that it was the absolute best way to eat wings. The only thing I could see that it was "best" at, was getting your hand incredibly greasy.

How many times did you watch him jerk off a chicken wing?

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
z2y1dPX.gif

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Haters are my motivators.

Big Sean made a song that perfectly describes my feelings, but I can't link it here without multiple unknowing video viewers at work hearing from their HR departments soonafter.

Tell Big Sean he should change his name to Big Moron for me.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I ended up going with no preference after first going with drumettes. I think one of the things that makes eating wings great is the variety. If I get bored of drumettes, I switch to flats.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Had to go with flat. Good flat wings have a lot of meat on them, are usually more tender than drumlettes and don't have the cartilage.

If no sauce, they'd better be crispy. If sauced, hell I don't care if they are messy because I'm probably not ordering wings in front of someone that cares.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I had the flats vs drummies discussion with a guy who tried to demonstrate that flats were better, by showing me a technique where he sort of pressed one end of the wing down on his plate, and pinch the other end between his fingers. Then, he pressed down with his hand, and all of the meat sort of sloughed off and bunch around the bottom, forming sort of a meat lollipop. He insisted that it was the absolute best way to eat wings. The only thing I could see that it was "best" at, was getting your hand incredibly greasy.

This is the best way to eat flats, but it doesn't make them better than drummies.

Drummies all the way.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I ended up going with no preference after first going with drumettes. I think one of the things that makes eating wings great is the variety. If I get bored of drumettes, I switch to flats.
I also went back and forth between drumlettes and no preference. The fact that I was having that debate means that I probably prefer drumlettes

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Am I the only one that didn't know they were called "flats". I just knew wings as drummies or the other part.... Either way, both delicious. I picked drummies though, due to convenience.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I never thought of it that way. A lot. You have succeeded in making me feel ill. Bravo.

The dude was doing it wrong, you twist it and pull the one bone out to get the popsicle. No mess. That sounded weird.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron