Pollard Talks JTS NEZ Remodel/Upgrade and Nutrition and Player Performance Center

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
That $5M poultry farm is on ground I wish would be single family homes.

upload_2018-2-13_11-48-11.png

So much of this farm land on the S side of Ames is PERFECT for residential development but Iowa State owns most of it... Hundreds and hundreds of jobs are coming to the research park. Young and educated workers want to live closer to their offices so they can bike/walk. A huge missed opportunity for the betterment of Ames. Sorry for the tangent...

• Agree
Reactions: swessball

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Jacobson building definitely staying. I'm guessing the concourse will connect at a constant elevation and enclose the Jacobson building from the north entirely. They'll need to remove part of the roof. The ramps on either side will need to be walled off.

Permanent bleachers for the band as well. As a former ISUCF"V"MB member, I know that spreading the band horizontally like that contributes to "phasing" and is bad for staying in sync, but they must be used to it by now.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

View attachment 53572

So much of this farm land on the S side of Ames is PERFECT for residential development but Iowa State owns most of it... Hundreds and hundreds of jobs are coming to the research park. Young and educated workers want to live closer to their offices so they can bike/walk. A huge missed opportunity for the betterment of Ames. Sorry for the tangent...

There is a huge development being built right now on S. Duff that does just this. http://jensengroupiowa.net/upcomingprojects.html

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Permanent bleachers for the band as well. As a former ISUCF"V"MB member, I know that spreading the band horizontally like that contributes to "phasing" and is bad for staying in sync, but they must be used to it by now.

Eh, im sure it'd be a little better if they were more vertical, but its nowhere near as spread out during shows and whatnot.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

View attachment 53572

The City of Ames agrees with you. Iowa State doesnt care.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Unless I am missing something. The former ISU locker room now visitor locker room as well as the officials locker room is in the Olsen building but I don't see any mention of where those will be located.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Unless I am missing something. The former ISU locker room now visitor locker room as well as the officials locker room is in the Olsen building but I don't see any mention of where those will be located.
Page 2, Section c.
The addition to the west side of the Bergstrom Indoor Training Facility would provide dedicated locker rooms, strength and conditioning, and sports medicine facilities for various women’s athletic programs, including the soccer and softball programs, which are currently housed in the Olsen Building.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

View attachment 53572

Iowa State is a private land owner just like any other real estate owner in Ames. They bought the land or were given it many, many years ago before the town grew that way. Not sure why they should be expected to sell their asset just because others didn't think far enough ahead to purchase that land.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
There is a huge development being built right now on S. Duff that does just this. http://jensengroupiowa.net/upcomingprojects.html

That is good to see! I wish Iowa State would see the value in bettering the community. I've spoken with several people who are very hands on at the Research Park and there are tons of issues with access to housing in Ames. So many new hires in the park are living in Ankeny and making the commute because Ames lacks inventory for good $225K-$350K housing

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: JCloned

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Page 2, Section c.

I guess I read that as those are facilities specifically for those sports. Unless they have been using it and just vacating it 6-7 weekends a year and will continue to do so. Also "Addition to the West side of the Bergstrom Indoor Practice Facility" would put it on the hill/storage area between Beach and the building and would mean the visiting teams/refs would be going all the way through our facilities/mixing with our team which was partially the point of moving.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Iowa State is a private land owner just like any other real estate owner in Ames. They bought the land or were given it many, many years ago before the town grew that way. Not sure why they should be expected to sell their asset just because others didn't think far enough ahead to purchase that land.

They 100% don't have to. However, corporate social responsibility for an institution that is tax-exempt and receives taxpayer funding should be more aware.

upload_2018-2-13_12-28-16.jpeg

http://csic.georgetown.edu/magazine...ors-approach-corporate-social-responsibility/

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
upload_2018-2-13_11-48-11-png.53572

Heh, is that an "AIRPORT"?

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
That is good to see! I wish Iowa State would see the value in bettering the community. I've spoken with several people who are very hands on at the Research Park and there are tons of issues with access to housing in Ames. So many new hires in the park are living in Ankeny and making the commute because Ames lacks inventory for good $225K-$350K housing

Well unfortunately if this is like the other developments like it in Ankeny and Waukee, it is only 1 & 2 bedroom "higher end" apartments. I thought it was going to be more of a mix but I guess we'll see. There are a lot of $225-350K houses being built now but they are all north.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron