Pollard Talks JTS NEZ Remodel/Upgrade and Nutrition and Player Performance Center

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
very interesting. Never really thought we'd see much on the north end, due to the jacobson building and the scoreboard kind of being in the way. Wonder if those hillsides will remain after a concourse goes through the jake

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Love the NEZ thinking. I would be curious to see what adding dirt and a "rounding off" of the grass sections (as if there were going to be seats- but still grass) would look? Would create even more of a tunnel for pregame. and more wind relief if a concourse were to run on top of it.

If dreaming, extending balcony to mirror the south would be sweet looking. That added 5,800 seats to the SEZ but with the NEZ being more narrow, that number may vary a hundred or two. Given the number lost in the hillside by rounding off, probably adding 5,500 seats or so. Taper the Jacobson building back just a bit on level 2 and dress up the suites on that level with a balcony as well and that could be an impressive and unique looking stadium with some varied options for pricing.

The cherry on top of the sundae would be an arrowhead looking press tower along he west side and we call it a day. Nothing that over 100 million dollars cannot fix

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
IMG_1054.JPG IMG_1055.JPG

I like what K State did with their end zone renovations. Something like that would be nice

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Maybe this is why they haven't refreshed the graphics on the front of the building facing the field. Those are starting to get very faded.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Was trying to think what they were envisioning while watching the game saturday. Wondered if theyre talking building up the whole hillside, or putting in a raised concourse on columns

CaptivaCyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 20, 2017
Sounds great. I haven't heard anything about lengthening the press box for awhile. Has that been brought up or not really a priority with JP. With all the great changes, it seems a litttle out of place especially on tv.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Sounds great. I haven't heard anything about lengthening the press box for awhile. Has that been brought up or not really a priority with JP. With all the great changes, it seems a litttle out of place especially on tv.

I agree here. Strictly aesthetically, the press box seems to be the upgrade that the stadium still needs. But if we've learned anything from JP over the years, hes going to make the decision that is the most efficient use of funds that betters the FB program and/or AD regardless if it's the popular decision or not.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I think simply rounding off the lower bowl would be plenty for the NEZ. The Jake would be better integrated into the stadium if this were done. I, however, think the press boxes should be done first. They were pretty tiny to begin with, but how that JTS has a more consistent design, it looks even smaller.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
NEZ? Oh my! JP, you magician.

An expanded press/suite box is probably a bigger need, but I'd love to see some work done on the NEZ first. Imo there are several ways to get this done at a significantly smaller expense when compared to the press box issue, maybe even while helping reduce the congestion of said outdated press box.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I think simply rounding off the lower bowl would be plenty for the NEZ. The Jake would be better integrated into the stadium if this were done. I, however, think the press boxes should be done first. They were pretty tiny to begin with, but how that JTS has a more consistent design, it looks even smaller.

That's not going to happen right now. The plans that are already in motion are about improving student athlete facilities. Listen to the clip in the OP. This will be an expansion of the Bergstrom facility and probably a complete north facade renovation/addition.

• Agree
Reactions: audiokiwi

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I love the new facilities too. It's awesome that Pollard is constantly forward-thinking.

That said (THREAD DERAIL ALERT), this conversation just hits home how ridiculous college athletics has become and how much money the athletic department makes without having to pay taxes! Are these truly nonprofits? Compare the facilities being built at the best colleges and they are on par or better than pro facilities. That's just silly.

Sorry to derail the thread. Hah!

Reactions: MNCyGuy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Bump;

Anyone know when can the general public can expect to see renderings? I'm hungry for more football content and spring ball is a long time from now...

He talked about it on the the call in show. They will try to get initial approval this spring. They’ve got to raise a lot of money. Maybe breaking ground end of next season.

• Informative
Reactions: Cytasticlone

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Did Pollard say that hillsides would remain after the renovation? If so thats a bummer.

There's been all kinds of weird information that is hard to comprehend:

-Student performance center will be between Bergstrom and Jack Trice
-East & West concourses connected but Jacobson & hillsides will somehow remain
-Olsen building demolished?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron