Pollard Talks JTS NEZ Remodel/Upgrade and Nutrition and Player Performance Center

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I almost guarantee the work on the north side of the stadium will be done in such a way to accommodate enclosing the north end at some point in the future. But the stadium is not where the bulk of the money is going in this project, its more an improvement and planning for future than a fix/finished product for the north end.

This project is all about giving Campbell and staff improved and new facilities they want connected to the football facility (while also giving improved facilities to other sports as well).

I certainly hope they’re building with an eye for the future. I know it’s totally different personnel, but I think the placement of the Jacobsen was fairly short-sighted. I start to trust Pollard, then they roll out the bugle...

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
http://whotv.com/2018/02/21/isu-ad-jamie-pollard-outlines-vision-to-improve-jack-trice-stadium/

Pollard also spoke about improvements to Jack Trice Stadium north end zone.

“To further enhance our family-friendly hills, those will stay part of our project, they are a very important part of our history,” said Pollard. “They will be used more efficiently than they are today.”

Pollard said the concourse would also be connected all the way around the stadium, and an elevator added to the north end zone.

“This is the continuation of the master plan we talked about 12-15 years ago,” said Pollard.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
When Pollard said the hill sides will be used "more efficiently," I read that as filling in the corners. Right now they taper down to meet the vehicle access ramps. I doubt they will connect anything to the Jacobson building other than a connection bridge with an elevator on the north side. The access ramps will probably stay, so additional walls running alongside will taper down to field level at the same angle as existing bleachers. When full of spectators, it will look as if additional seating was installed there. The filled in corners would also improve sight lines. Add temporary bleachers to the top of the concourse and it should really appear bowled-in. Pretty cool!

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Can't wait to see some renderings. I'm sure they already exist, they are just looking for a time to announce.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
The administrative offices on the east side is what will be demo'd/remodeled and incorporated into the new performance facility. Lot 85W is is the parking that will be impacted. West part of the building (indoor training facility) with the football laces design on top will stay as is.

Why? No clue. But I can speculate that those offices and training rooms would be replaced with the new building no need for those.
Why? They built that less than 5 years ago.
That would make absolutely no sense. I get that there seems to be redundant plans but I don’t think there actually are. My understanding is the football offices are moving to the new facility but they are repurposing the old ones for a lounge type area that wasn’t included. If they were going to actually demo the new stuff they just built there would be zero excuse to not start fresh in that endzone.

I can confirm my original posting about the Berg is mostly true.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron