POLL: How many Big 12 games will Iowa State win?

How many Big 12 games will Iowa State win this season?

• 6 or fewer

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • 7 or 8

Votes: 40 17.8%

Votes: 42 18.7%

Votes: 53 23.6%

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • 12 or more

Votes: 71 31.6%

• Total voters

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Do not like to be pessimistic but this team has zero identity. No bigs besides Bowie and Burton is so inconsistent! Naz trying too hard and Matt is lost. Monte is not the guy- making him a scorer has made this team a jumbled mess. Might improve his draft stock but team is suffering. Believe will miss tourney and then the howls will begin. Think CSP will be on Hot Seat as CF will be in full meltdown.
I agree, except Prohm will not be on the hotseat, nor should he be. This was the most probable outcome as soon as Fred checked out in early spring, particularly when JP didn't go with the type(s) of hires that would in the short run could bring the players needed in such limited recruiting time.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Way too many of my fellow Cyclone Fanatics drinking the kool-aid. These players (notice I didn't say "team" because they play more like individuals) will maybe fight it's way to a 7-9 record, AT BEST, unfortunately.

Lack of size, selfishness all around, in particular with Burton who thinks he should be shooting 3's and driving to the basket rather than just focus on rebounding, learning not to miss bunnies and hustling back on defense, lack of consistency with the 3-point shooting (in particular, Thomas, who doesn't provide enough to even start these days) and simply not convinced that Prohm is the answer, especially with some of the experienced coaches in this conference.

This is going to be a very frustrating season and BURTON is going to lead the pack in that category!!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'll go with 6 at this point.

I thought of today as a good indicator to find out where they're at, and unless something changes big time, if a team like Texas Tech is this much more talented than ISU, which it appears they are, we're looking at 6ish wins.

Too bad....was thinking it might be different.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
I'll go with 6 at this point.

I thought of today as a good indicator to find out where they're at, and unless something changes big time, if a team like Texas Tech is this much more talented than ISU, which it appears they are, we're looking at 6ish wins.

Too bad....was thinking it might be different.

Same here.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Way too many of my fellow Cyclone Fanatics drinking the kool-aid. These players (notice I didn't say "team" because they play more like individuals) will maybe fight it's way to a 7-9 record, AT BEST, unfortunately.

Lack of size, selfishness all around, in particular with Burton who thinks he should be shooting 3's and driving to the basket rather than just focus on rebounding, learning not to miss bunnies and hustling back on defense, lack of consistency with the 3-point shooting (in particular, Thomas, who doesn't provide enough to even start these days) and simply not convinced that Prohm is the answer, especially with some of the experienced coaches in this conference.

This is going to be a very frustrating season and BURTON is going to lead the pack in that category!!!

We're going to stink so bad that we don't even get to play 2 games? Talk about overreacting.

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and spelhome

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
9-9 as of before but think 7 or 8 is much more likely than 10-8

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Hopefully Burton never plays that poorly again and Young rapidly develops. An improved Young alongside a Burton somewhat near Gonzaga like would be an optimistic hope.

Add in more time for NWB and Jackson and less time with a three guard backcourt of Thomas, Naz, and Morris. Also, imo Bowie could be a little of what we hoped Burton could be.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
I'm eating crow on my prediction and I love it! I didn't see it two months ago. Hats off to the five that said 12 or more wins. Keep proving us wrong boys!

• Winner

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
....deleting original post....

On the other hand, I said 6, and they won 6, so I wasn't wrong, right?

• Disagree

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

What?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron