Poll: Have you been tested for COVID-19?

Have you tested for COVID?

• Yes, and was positive

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Yes, and was negative

Votes: 122 31.1%
  • No I have not tested

Votes: 249 63.5%
  • No, but plan to soon

Votes: 13 3.3%

• Total voters

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Test Iowa allowed me to test with no symptoms but was in contact with someone positive. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Different state. Actually two states since my boss had the same deal, and he’s old enough to be at higher risk too.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
It sounds like forgoing the Test Iowa site (if that's what you tried) and just going through the Dr. is way better.

If not I would just tell them you have a headache and some chills.

sorry should have stated - I’m out out of state, kc area. Tried both going through Dr and CVS pharmacy.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
sorry should have stated - I’m out out of state, kc area. Tried both going through Dr and CVS pharmacy.

Well that's b.s.

It would be different if you needed symptoms to pass it along, but that's not the case.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Test Iowa allowed me to test with no symptoms but was in contact with someone positive. Sorry you had a bad experience.

This was my experience as well. We were at the CR site for maybe 5 minutes too. Seemed to work well and quickly

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I love doing polls and seeing where the CF community sits in different situations. How many here have tested? Were you positive? Negative? Are you encouraging people to test?
Was bed ridden for about 3 days, was extremely weak/fatigued for over a month with most of the symptoms back late February early March. Really want to do the antibody test but no where close buy really even offers it...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was bed ridden for about 3 days, was extremely weak/fatigued for over a month with most of the symptoms back late February early March. Really want to do the antibody test but no where close buy really even offers it...

I can't believe this is the case anywhere.

I mean, I can, but geez that's a shame.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Ya my brother and sister inlaw had this same experience. They both had it.

Me and the wife tested negative.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I've been tested three different times for work (I'm in a quasi-health care field), and I will be tested twice more in August as well. The first time was the nasal swap, which I don't care to repeat anytime soon. The last two have been throat swabs, which are much more tolerable.

Thankfully (knock on wood!), I've been negative all three times.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I can't believe this is the case anywhere.

I mean, I can, but geez that's a shame.
I'm basically considered low risk currently. but I tested negative for the flu and strep, and at the time the doc just said it's some upper respiratory virus that has been going around. it is literally the sickest I have ever been in my life time and I hardly ever get sick to begin with, I'm also type A+ blood which seams to be type A is more prone to symptoms as well..

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm basically considered low risk currently. but I tested negative for the flu and strep, and at the time the doc just said it's some upper respiratory virus that has been going around. it is literally the sickest I have ever been in my life time and I hardly ever get sick to begin with, I'm also type A+ blood which seams to be type A is more prone to symptoms as well..

I had a similar bout in late December/early January and was negative for strep, didn't get tested for flu but had a flu shot. Also was around other people and didn't get anyone else sick. Was REALLY awful.

But I think when I had Covid was March..was just very unusual symptoms and didn't feel like a normal cold or flu at all.

I'm still diligent despite positive antibody tests but it did ease my mind a bit and they should be more available.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
New study just out showed no difference for different blood types after previous studies showed A slightly worse.

Foosballa

Mar 27, 2014
Tested negative, but had to have had it. Doc said, "I just caught a bug." Thanks.
Now I have been sick with symptoms (dizziness, confusion, blurred vision, shortness of breath, chest crap, etc... ) since beginning of May. Although, I feel "better" (only experiencing lower throat pain, occasional shortness of breath, and discomfort in upper chest) than how I felt in late June early July. I fear this might be new normal. For me recovery was/is measured in weeks/months not days. If people went through/understood what I went through, they wouldn't be rushing out to get it.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I’ve been tested three times through a Test Iowa site, each negative. Results were available within 24 hours each time.

Super quick and easy, and yeah the deep-nasal swab is hardly a spa treatment, but it wasn’t bad.

I’ve never had symptoms, I haven't shut down my usual weekly routines (just takeout instead of hanging out in the food establishments). I wear a mask in public, and I get periodically tested because I wish to keep hanging out with friends and family and participate in recreational activities and do it all responsibly.

With the high asymptomatic rate, testing more and testing frequently is critical for preventing spread (until vaccines are ready), so I’m taking full advantage of the resources we have available.

Last edited:
Reactions: mj4cy and madguy30

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
How many milliseconds did it take from the time of contact to the pain hitting? That always sucks slicing the digits.

It was weird. I was more in shock seeing blood splatter as it was a stab not a slice based on how I was cutting and positioning my hand. It never really hurt but it's been 2 weeks and I still can't put pressure against it so basically sucks not using one of my thumbs for much.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I guess I'm surprised at the number of persons having multiple tests. Without having symptoms it hasn't even crossed my mind to get tested.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This was my mother in law back in Feb.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Saliva sample is the way to go. I had to go to the ER two weeks ago (lost a fight with a butcher knife when preparing a brisket). Had to get a tetanus shot. My body's reaction to the shot mimicked Covid symptoms so I went to get tested. Doc looks at me and says "you don't look like my Covid patients but we'll test you anyways." 72 hours later tested negative.

So how was the brisket?