Poll: Have you been tested for COVID-19?

Have you tested for COVID?

• Yes, and was positive

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Yes, and was negative

Votes: 122 31.1%
  • No I have not tested

Votes: 249 63.5%
  • No, but plan to soon

Votes: 13 3.3%

• Total voters

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I guess I'm surprised at the number of persons having multiple tests. Without having symptoms it hasn't even crossed my mind to get tested.

I get anxiety if I notice symptoms so I figured peace of mind was the best option for me. Felt better once I got tested.

Reactions: CloneJD

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Two negative tests after close contact with someone who tested positive. Madison has drive through testing @ Alliant Energy center. First time wait was ~15 minutes, second time ~1 hour. They are getting better at handling the increasing number of people coming for the free testing.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Two negative tests after close contact with someone who tested positive. Madison has drive through testing @ Alliant Energy center. First time wait was ~15 minutes, second time ~1 hour. They are getting better at handling the increasing number of people coming for the free testing.

It would be great if someone invented an at home instant test. Say if you and some buddies wanted to get together at your house for a weekend (yet still social distance from others), you could all test then hang out. Sure it may not be perfect but it would help a lot of situations. Same with sporting events ect.

Last edited:

jdolson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 4, 2006
God's Country
We have a test iowa sight in Mitchell County. I had a co-worker test positive in our office. From what i saw, and have heard, the workers at the testing site are running it very well. I got my test result (negative) back in roughly 36hrs. It sounds like this sight is being so well run that it will be open well into 2021, if its needed. The local clinic is also gearing up to run tests to help quicken up the process also.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I’ve been tested three times through a Test Iowa site, each negative. Results were available within 24 hours each time.

Super quick and easy, and yeah the deep-nasal swab is hardly a spa treatment, but it wasn’t bad.

I’ve never had symptoms, I haven't shut down my usual weekly routines (just takeout instead of hanging out in the food establishments). I wear a mask in public, and I get periodically tested because I wish to keep hanging out with friends and family and participate in recreational activities and do it all responsibly.

With the high asymptomatic rate, testing more and testing frequently is critical for preventing spread (until vaccines are ready), so I’m taking full advantage of the resources we have available.

You're doing frequent testing even with no symptoms or exposure? So you're treating it more like wearing a condom?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Getting the dreaded nostril test this afternoon. Have had some headaches and a sore throat this last week, but nothing more severe than that. I have contact with someone battling cancer and quite a few older folks, so I just felt like it was the responsible thing to do just to be sure I'm not putting them at risk. Have avoided going out in public even for groceries since these slight symptoms started.
This is the exact same scenario I decided to get tested for. I was pretty sure it was allergies, but wouldn’t have been shocked if it did end up positive.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
This is the exact same scenario I decided to get tested for. I was pretty sure it was allergies, but wouldn’t have been shocked if it did end up positive.
Now I'm just refreshing my email every 5 min waiting for results that probably won't come until next week.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I guess I'm surprised at the number of persons having multiple tests. Without having symptoms it hasn't even crossed my mind to get tested.
Most people would be better off getting tested for antibodies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

What was the results time frame? I'm thinking of doing this and then quarantine to visit family.

I have antibodies (or did) but just want to make sure vs. the smoke out there of reinfections.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I'm now very fearful of your understanding of the purpose of a condom.

#wrapitup #maskup
going-in-2020-durex.jpg

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Just got tested at work as part of the entire staff being tested, I was expecting it to be much worse than it was, just a little discomfort and felt like I had to sneeze. Of course maybe my nose sensitivity was impacted by some of my bad habits from my 20's.....

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
It sounds like forgoing the Test Iowa site (if that's what you tried) and just going through the Dr. is way better.

If not I would just tell them you have a headache and some chills.
I was able to schedule a test without claiming any symptoms, underlying conditions, or exposure through the Test Iowa site. My understanding, which is far from perfect and based mostly on what my sister has told me (she is a medical professional in northeast Iowa) is that securing a test via a doc through the Iowa lab almost always requires symptoms, save for perhaps having a household member test positive.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Just got tested at work as part of the entire staff being tested, I was expecting it to be much worse than it was, just a little discomfort and felt like I had to sneeze. Of course maybe my nose sensitivity was impacted by some of my bad habits from my 20's.....
I found there to be no material difference from any other nasal swab test I've had (I've had a flu test once or twice).

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
It would be great if someone invented an at home instant test. Say if you and some buddies wanted to get together at your house for a weekend (yet still social distance from others), you could all test then hang out. Sure it may not be perfect but it would help a lot of situations. Same with sporting events ect.

My parents are high risk, so once the school year starts it’s going to be difficult to visit w/ our kids being in school. It’d be great if there was an option to test. I’d also appreciate it if schools dismissed or go online 14+ days prior to Christmas as it’s going to be difficult to make that call.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Got notified my results were in this morning just a minute ago, tested negative. Test was done Thursday afternoon.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
This was my mother in law back in Feb.
my self and both coworkers all had the same symptoms within a week or so of each other.. and a few others around town have been saying the same from that time period. A buddy back in DSM just came back as positive and he has the same symptoms I had back then.
Flipping fantastic. Told my wife while I was at the ER "I don't care if they cut my thumb off, you gotta finish putting the rub on it!"
did she have to bring you the brisket or where you out of the ER by that time? I'm guessing it wasn't to long for stitches?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron