Status
Not open for further replies.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Easy solution on #2----Don't get reputation. Don't make good posts.

See, problem solved:yes:

Thanks for the advice. Like this post you just made. I would have no reason to rep it. :wink:

Looks like links are now in red! Thanks CF!:biggrin::jiggy:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Today I checked my credits and I had 1,000,000 credits. When the day before I had 8,000. Not complaining about it. Just wondering how/why it happened.

There is a thread about this on the front page. Huge bonus!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm sorry, I haven't read through the 21 pages of posts, but is there a 'Mark Forums Read' button somewhere?
Click on 'Forum Index' scroll down, its located in the grey bar.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
yeah, i just noticed that as well. yesterday that wasnt the case here, but i noticed that it did the same disappearing thing on HN... so wondering if this is intentional?

I'm giving myself time to check out lots of little things in a variety of settings, etc. before commenting, but I will ask now why have the disappearing box? It's so unlike the rest of the page that when it disappears, I wonder what happened and look where I thought I saw something. Also, the very small yellow font on white background (username and "Sign out here") are nearly invisible.

I'm thinking the font issues aren't as much size (too large) as they are the font style itself and character and line spacing. Looks a lot like Courier (typewriter) which in today's typeface world is really difficult to read and usually used for a specific purpose.

BTW, so far on my phone everything looks quite like it used to. Yay!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Overall, generally very few complaints.

I don't know whether this was brought up already (not reading thorough 16 pages), but is there any way we can get the threads that have not been posted in since you last read them to be unbolded?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Another bug...

When viewing a thread, under Thread Tools, you can subscribe to threads (or there is an option in the Cpanel to automatically subscribe to every thread you post and respond to).

When subscribed to a thread, there would be an Unsubscribe option listed under thread tools. Currently, subscribed or not, the Subscribe to Thread is the only option.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
After I read an article, can it change to another color until something new is posted in it? After I post something, I'm like "wow, somebody wrote something new already..." then I look to the right and it was just me... Just a way to differentiate would be great.

>EDIT: SORRY I SAW THE ABOVE COMPLAINT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED!

And I really think we shouldn't use Kaldenberg Consulting... PLEASE don't use them as a sponsor... HE IS THE BIGGEST HAWK HOMER/FAN EVER!

Reactions: C.John

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
After I read an article, can it change to another color until something new is posted in it? After I post something, I'm like "wow, somebody wrote something new already..." then I look to the right and it was just me... Just a way to differentiate would be great.

And I really think we shouldn't use Kaldenberg Consulting... PLEASE don't use them as a sponsor... HE IS THE BIGGEST HAWK HOMER/FAN EVER!

Awesome.:no::no::no:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

LOUD NOISES!

Hey, while we're at dumping anyone affiliated with a school not named Iowa State, can we look into docking those living outside the states credits? You know, the ones living in midwest states and therefore paying taxes that help support other midwest universities?

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
LOUD NOISES!

Hey, while we're at dumping anyone affiliated with a school not named Iowa State, can we look into docking those living outside the states credits? You know, the ones living in midwest states and therefore paying taxes that help support other midwest universities?

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?! Why do you always have to pick a fight?

Your comment has no point... it'd be like asking the Krause family to sponsor something on Iowa State's board. Or hell, asking Hayden Fry to announce our football team as they run in. It's just not a great feeling to see the guy's name who is one of the biggest hawk fans I know on the CYCLONE fanatic board. I know him personally, google it online. You'll see a youtube video of his office at gamerosters.com and it's got Hawk and Kinnick crap up everywhere.

Reactions: 4429 mcc

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009

As I noted earlier in the thread, these ads are the same exact ads as on HawkeyeNation.com. In fact, they're even linked from their site. I'm *hoping* that's just because we haven't had time to gather our own advertisers and in time we'll have ones personalized for CF. As Chris and Jon are so adamant to point out, CF and HN are two completely separate sites. It would certainly behoove them to have separate advertisers in order to maintain the unique identities of each site. And it would certainly be beneficial to host ads on the CF servers instead of linking them from a competing site.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Guys, if anyone wants to get more ads for the site, I'm sure Chris would be grateful. Until then, it's keeping the site free.

Status
Not open for further replies.