Plan Ahead For Iowa State-Nebraska Volleyball Match

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
AMES, Iowa – Saturday will be a busy day at Iowa State, with a football showdown against No. 18 Oklahoma State kicking off at 2:30 p.m., followed by the highly anticipated top-10 volleyball battle between the eighth-ranked Cyclones and No. 10 Nebraska at 8 p.m. in Hilton Coliseum.

ISU’s Athletics Department is encouraging fans to buy your tickets ($5 adults/$4 youth) to the volleyball match in advance to avoid expected long lines. A number of options are available for those wishing to purchase tickets in advance:

- Tickets are available online 24 hours a day at ticketmaster.com.
- Tickets are available until 5 p.m. today by calling the ISU Athletics Ticket office (1-888-478-2925).
- Before the football game, tickets can be purchased from the north (north of Gate 1) and south (Gate 3) ticket trailers, which open at 9:30 a.m.
- The main athletics ticket office will sell tickets following the football game.
- The Hilton Box Office will open at 6:30 p.m. There will also be a ticket trailer outside the Hilton Box Office selling tickets, but purchases will be cash only.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Chris,

What's your guess on the attendence for this match? Will it get more than 10,000?

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
Going to my first VB game since high school tomorrow night and have a few questions for those in the know...

With GA seats how early should you get there to get decent seats?

How does parking work for this? Personally going to the FB game and have a C5 parking pass, so I plan to tailgate after the game. However, we are meeting up with some friends that aren't going to the FB game.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I've never watched college volleyball and I'm going with 3 other who are in the same boat. My guess is well over 4k (which was the attendance for the Texas match).

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I'll take a stab and say they get over 5K. NU coming to town (there were about 10 Longhorn fans there Wed) coupled with the euphoria of a win over OSU earlier in the day.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
It's been said that Nebraska fans will attend in the thousands and will line up early to get the best GA seats.

I do know that Nebraska does take it's WBB very seriously so I wouldn't be surprised if the first two statements are true; especially since they were beaten at home. I can see revenge swelling their ranks. I would not be surprised to see 8-9,000 people attend though it would be hard to guess which team would have the most fans.

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
It's been said that Nebraska fans will attend in the thousands and will line up early to get the best GA seats.

I do know that Nebraska does take it's WBB very seriously so I wouldn't be surprised if the first two statements are true; especially since they were beaten at home. I can see revenge swelling their ranks. I would not be surprised to see 8-9,000 people attend though it would be hard to guess which team would have the most fans.

Last year's match set the Hilton record (6700) and I'd say two-thirds of that crowd was made up of Nebraska fans.
So, yeah, I'd bet they are coming in droves...

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
2 things:

Nebraska vs Oklahoma: Football, 7pm, on ABC.
ISU beats NU in Volleyball 2 weeks ago in LINCOLN

Those (2) items will greatly reduce the Big Red Fan Base. I hope we get 10,000, most of them will be ISU fans.

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
Last year's match set the Hilton record (6700) and I'd say two-thirds of that crowd was made up of Nebraska fans.
So, yeah, I'd bet they are coming in droves...

While Nebraska fans are generally front runners their allegiance and willingness to travel will be tested Saturday. While neither FB or VB program is having the success they expect, the VB team is still head and shoulders above the shambles that is sker FB. But they play (get exposed I mean - 3 home losses in a row!) Oklahoma on Saturday night in Lincoln. They will still have plenty of fans in Ames, but their FB game will reduce that number, to what extent is the question.

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007
I'm guessing it's going to be somewhere around 7,000. It was a little over 4,000 for the texas game and hilton was rocking. I can't wait for tomorrow night.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
2 things:

Those (2) items will greatly reduce the Big Red Fan Base. I hope we get 10,000, most of them will be ISU fans.

You are right on the money, Fuskers will be sitting watching the
sooners hand it to them

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
We have season tickets and were there 30 minutes earlt for the Texas match and the GA section was about 50% full in the lower level. By match time, there were people in the upper level. I would plan on 50 minutes early if it was me.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
2 things:

One thing:

Nebraska has a "volleyball" fan base, it's not just a "Husker" fan base, as with most other schools.
Their VB booster club, The Match Club, has been organizing a migration to Ames for months. Long before (a) their loss to us, and (b) long before their game time with OU was announced:

The Match Club Home

The deadline for a seat on their buses was Oct. 5

Again, this is not just "any" volleyball fan base.

07ISUGrad

Oct 20, 2009
I was at the game wednesday against TU, Hilton was rockin'! It was the first collegiate VB game I had been to and I will definitely be their cheering the clones on Saturday again!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron