Pinstripe bowl espnu

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Huge letdown game. But everything else about New York was incredible!

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
if this game taught me one thing, it was that Greg Schiano has never seen his team get a 1st down.

the way he celebrated every single time has never made me hate a coach more than that guy, during that game

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I learned Greg schiano is a better coach even than I thought. Never lost a bowl game and now poached up by the NFL. We were out manned and out coached.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I can't bring myself to watch my beloved team play as poorly as they did in that game...again

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
We started really strong. Had we scored a touchdown on the first drive I think it would have been a different game.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've wanted to rewatch this too. Is it on the Big 12 website or ESPN3?

I think if Herman hadn't given up on the run on those earlier drives where we were gashing them, and Reeves doesn't get burned like Chlamidyia after Woody's TD that we could have won that game.

Herman mailed it in, Barnett come out god-awful, and Jantz looked terribly rusty. Our defensive absolutely failed at the one point in time that it needed to hold.

Last edited:

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I've wanted to rewatch this too. Is it on the Big 12 website or ESPN3?

I think if Herman hadn't given up on the run on those earlier drives where we were gashing them, and Reeves doesn't get burned like Chlamidyia after Woody's TD that we could have won that game.

Herman mailed it in, Barnett come out god-awful, and Jantz looked terribly rusty. Our defensive absolutely failed at the one point in time that it needed to hold.

It is not on the Big 12 web site or ESPN 3.

Herman never adjusted after Rutgers decided that trying to play the run game downhill wasn't going to work. Reeves gets a pass for the TD he gave up because he played it fundamentally correct. He just happened to be a generous 5'8" corner against a 6'6" receiver.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
It is not on the Big 12 web site or ESPN 3.

Herman never adjusted after Rutgers decided that trying to play the run game downhill wasn't going to work. Reeves gets a pass for the TD he gave up because he played it fundamentally correct. He just happened to be a generous 5'8" corner against a 6'6" receiver.

That's an unfortunate excuse. If I were Rutgers I would have exploited that match up all game.

In the end, they only needed the one play to wreck us.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
That's an unfortunate excuse. If I were Rutgers I would have exploited that match up all game.

In the end, they only needed the one play to wreck us.

I'm amazed they didn't try to go to it more often but it's likely we were helping over the top on Reeves' man and the shot wasn't open.