Peter Jok

WDMCyclone

Feb 5, 2013
WDM/Ames, Iowa
I would just like to hear some predictions on Jok.. He has a solid shot and can put up an easy and quiet 20 points but also likes to turn the ball over and play a little out of control. The kid knows he is going to shoot it before it is even in his hands.

Predictions on his minutes next year and if he will actually be that star player that the Hok forums are blowing up about?

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
His defense is very suspect, slow feet and doesn't have much athletism anymore. Great shooter though, I bet he will average around 10-12 at his peak.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would just like to hear some predictions on Jok.. He has a solid shot and can put up an easy and quiet 20 points but also likes to turn the ball over and play a little out of control. The kid knows he is going to shoot it before it is even in his hands.

Predictions on his minutes next year and if he will actually be that star player that the Hok forums are blowing up about?

Hok fans talk about this kid more than we talk about our two 4* kids coming in. Granted he is their only recruit this year and he's local but you have to take into effect he had one other offer and it was from Drake. They say he used to be good before he got hurt but that was about the same time Iowa won the Orange Bowl and look where their program is now. If other schools thought he could contribute at the next level they would have offered him and they didn't so I don't see him doing much besides being at best being another Ogelsby

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Glad we didn't waste a 'ship on him.

Minutes 10 ppg 3.1 rpg .7. He isn't going to do much next year and I think his ceiling is 10 pts 4 rpg. Fran Mccaffrey east coast junk ball annoys me to no end. His teams are like a beginner Zumba class, a bunch people thinking they are dancing but really they are just running around waving their arms wildly. Here's the 2013-14 Hok team photo.

View attachment 18342

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Jok is definitely a very good shooter. He has the length and release to get off his shot at the college level and will shoot it above average. His foot-speed and athleticism are better than they were last year, but he still has some room to grow there. His handle is just ok for someone his size as well. Defensively his lack of quickness will be a detriment, but he may be able to cover that up with his length.

I think he plays the type of role Oglesby has currently for the Hawks to start. Spot up shooter who you put in a corner and average 5-8 points per game. If he can develop his handle a bit, he will put up decent numbers as a junior/senior.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Like many high school stars, I think he is going to have some major adjustments to make when he starts playing Division I. Now, he is the go to guy on that team, and from the few times I have seen his team, he seems to take a lot of shots and handles the ball a lot, which can be expected. He does have to learn to play defense, and he will have to be more of a team player in college, but the fact he can shoot well is a great start. I don't think he is going to be a super star, but I do think he can be a reliable scorer when needed.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah a lot of Hok fans I know will say "wait til next year when we have Jok"...doesn't make sense to me but most Hok fans aren't very rational/intelligent when it comes to basketball. I like UNI but if they don't offer an in state kid they can't be missing much.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think he redshirts next year. I know Fran likes to play a lot of guys, but I can't see him playing more next year than this year.

Eric May is the only senior, and Uthoff will take his minutes (at least). So if Jok is coming in and playing significant minutes, he's taking them from someone else on the team. Who would he be better than next year? Nobody, I'd say. He could take Oglesby's minutes, I guess, if he was going to move to a scrub role. But I think he's better than Jok.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I don't care abotu Peter Jok. I care about Matt Thomas and Monte Morris and the 3 juco kids.

twiztidcyclone

Feb 14, 2013
Jok will not get along with is new teammate Adam Dingleberry as last year in the state tournament they got into a big fight on the court.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think ue might have problems getting his shot off at the next level. If he can he should be a good role player

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
I think Jarred Uthoff will have more of an impact for Iowa next year than Jok. A lot of speculation he would've started this year for Wisconsin had he not transferred. Either way, Iowa looks primed for an exciting 2-3 year run.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Then what made you open this thread and post in it if you dont care?

Because its in the wrong forum and getting in the way of topics that are related to isu mens bball. we have an in state rivals forum for topics like peter jok.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron