OT - CBS Survivor Millennials vs. Gen X

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It's exactly what that sound bite said - he's a kid trying to prove he's as seasoned as the older players.

to be fair to him, he was going to have to take Zeke out at some point fairly soon. If he waits too long he wouldn't be able to get enough votes to take him out. The crappy part for him is that Ken was such a freaking moron.

If David tries to vote for him, he's a bigger idiot than I thought he was. Use him for one more vote, then vote him out.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
to be fair to him, he was going to have to take Zeke out at some point fairly soon. If he waits too long he wouldn't be able to get enough votes to take him out. The crappy part for him is that Ken was such a freaking moron.

If David tries to vote for him, he's a bigger idiot than I thought he was. Use him for one more vote, then vote him out.

I was pulling for Ken until that point. Now I just want to see chaos.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think if David makes it to the end him playing idols for others should help him with the jury. After the first episode I thought there was no way in hell he makes it too far but he has evolved and is a serious player right now. If they get Jay off soon anyone left I won't have issue with winning the game. Everyone one of them had to face adversity at some point and found a way to stay in they game and none of them are a-holes. I don't have an issue with Ken, I think he plays a very transparent game and you are either with him or you are not.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Thoughts on this week? Will be so glad to see Jay go next if he doesn't win immunity but something tells me someone is going to keep him around and he finds a way into the final 3 by winning immunity at the right time. Really not sure how this jury is going to vote, lot of back stabbing and flip flopping has gone on get to where they are right now

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yeah, I connected with Adam as my mother has battled cancer. When Adam revealed to all I figured he had it won. While only one can win the title of survivor winner, several won in other ways. So many people rising above their shortcomings while playing the game.

Thought Ken should get a slight edge for his wins in immunity challenges plus his vote which sent David to jury.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
It's just not the first place that gets money- everyone that plays gets prize money. I think from about $100k for 2nd place all the way down to a couple grand for last place.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It was one of the better seasons in terms of gameplay overall but Adam would easily be in the bottom half of winners. He wasn't great and routinely was on the wrong side of voting.

Ken blowing up that kids blindside plans by being a complete moron cost himself a million dollars

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm OK with Adam winning, he has a heck of a story but the GenX mind of mine thought that Ken played a better game. Once they started breaking down the games of the 3 it hit me too that Hannah was nothing but a flip flopper who had no true alliances. I don't think Ken got enough credit for voting out David, Adam got credit for it but ultimately Ken had the final say and playing a game of honesty and loyalty for him to make that move got overlooked.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I actually thought Hannah had a really good case as she was the reason both Brett and Sunday went home. I think Ken's biggest attribute was loyalty but blew that up by sending David home. I was so happy to see Adam win though. What a great story and the kid fought hard the whole time.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Would have been interesting to see where the votes would have fallen if David had made final 3 and not Adam. I was never a big fan of Adam, kind of thought he played both sides too much and was more of a follower than leader in most votes since he was on the chopping block so many times and needed to save himself but after learning of his situation with his mom and having that burden on him while playing in the end he was a very deserving winner and even good to see he did not hesitate to say he is donating 100k of his winnings to cancer research. Seems like he is a good kid with a good head on his shoulder.

Not sure what to think about next season. The past couple seasons with all new contestants have been really good but knew it was only a matter of time till they brought back some previous players. Kind of done with seeing some of those characters like Ozzy and Tony in particular. They kept building up the "game changing" moments in the previews and almost expected to see Russell Hantz reappear

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I actually thought Hannah had a really good case as she was the reason both Brett and Sunday went home. I think Ken's biggest attribute was loyalty but blew that up by sending David home. I was so happy to see Adam win though. What a great story and the kid fought hard the whole time.

Yes, I thought Hannah was very good in the final tribal council. It would've been interesting to see how many votes she would've gotten had Adam not shared the story about his mom. I thought Ken would fare better than he did, but it doesn't sound like he was very well liked by the jury.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Yes, I thought Hannah was very good in the final tribal council. It would've been interesting to see how many votes she would've gotten had Adam not shared the story about his mom. I thought Ken would fare better than he did, but it doesn't sound like he was very well liked by the jury.

Yeah, I think Ken's social awkwardness came off as him having a holier than thou attitude but he isn't like that at all. I thought there were going to be votes for all 3 until Adam shared his story. Then I said, it's over.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We thought it would be close between Adam & Ken - I leaned Ken, PapaLew thought Adam. Neither of us thought Hannah had a prayer. And neither of us expected the unanimous vote.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
We thought it would be close between Adam & Ken - I leaned Ken, PapaLew thought Adam. Neither of us thought Hannah had a prayer. And neither of us expected the unanimous vote.

I just have a feeling that we don't realize how much they disliked Ken and how little they thought of him. He was a challenge monster and I'm pretty sure was never targeted. I don't think that's ever happened before. As the show went on, I thought they were making a mistake by leaving him around, but it appears in the edit they didn't show just how disliked he was.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I just have a feeling that we don't realize how much they disliked Ken and how little they thought of him. He was a challenge monster and I'm pretty sure was never targeted. I don't think that's ever happened before. As the show went on, I thought they were making a mistake by leaving him around, but it appears in the edit they didn't show just how disliked he was.
You're probably right...I thought he was kind of vanilla, sometimes a little bit self-righteous, sometimes a little bit dumb...but loyal & hard-working, and good at immunity challenges. Surprised me the way the final tribal wound down, but I still thought he would get some votes. Nope!

I didn't think Adam would do as well as he did because of his responses in the final tribal. You never know the whole story when you're watching from home, though.