OT - CBS Survivor Millennials vs. Gen X

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Setting up to be a really good season of the show, not like I should be surprised. The "strong" players are being outed quickly in this one.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It has been really good so far, the blindsides have been fantastic as the millennials seem so shocked when they happen. This week's tribal was pretty good, Taylor admitting he was stashing food and having the smug attitude of "but it's OK because I came clean about it." Sorry, you still did the dirty deed and they sent your butt home for it. It wasn't a total secret because I believe that Bret or Chris saw him taking the food in the middle of the night when he made the stash. The looks on their faces when these votes go down and the "what just happened?" dumb stares are hilarious. I think Taylor and Jay played their cards wrong on exposing Adam this week, had they done that at camp before tribal it may have changed their fate but doing it at tribal reeked of desperation and usually the voting is already decided by then unless something just incredibly dumb that had already been stewing at camp happens at tribal. Going forward it will hurt Adam but if Taylor and Jay wanted to keep their names off the ballots and put Adam in a tight spot doing it at camp would have been a lot better strategy to shake up the votes.

The only millennial I see with a chance of making the final 3 is Zeke because he's on the older end of that generation and is actually thinking smart strategy and maybe Hannah although at times she seems a little overwhelmed when things take a twist that she was not expecting. It's going to get interesting once the GenX has to start voting out their own. I never thought David would make it far after his paranoia on the first week but with that idol he has he is siting in a good spot at the moment. Jay, Adam, and Jess seem like obvious ones to leave soon, I wouldn't be surprised if Jay goes home with his idol in his pocket as he came pretty close to that this week. In the spot he is in now he may as well just tell everyone he has the idol because they'll have to flush it out at a vote and hope he doesn't win individual immunity so he essentially bought himself at least 1 or 2 safe tribals right now. In the past it seems like once someone reveals they have an idol at this stage of the game it puts them in a good spot to mess with people's strategy on when they might use it and if they might use it to save someone else too possibly making splitting the votes tougher to do.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It's been a long time since I hated anyone more than I hated Taylor. Also, Jay is a giant d-bag.

I do wonder how long they're going to keep Ken around. They probably can't afford to keep Jay around much longer so he would be my next vote (he'll be safe because of the idol, but they don't know that for sure) but after that I'd use the remaining millennials to get Ken out the first chance I got.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
David is hilariously inept and I hope he stays around until the merge for comedic relief. He's like Cochran without any self realization. I actually like Zeke. The millenial cool kids are annoying. My merge picks are Chris, Bret, Hannah, Mari, Adam, Zeke. I haven't gotten a good read on most of the Gen X women yet.
Other than Mari, nailed it. :)

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
It's been a long time since I hated anyone more than I hated Taylor. Also, Jay is a giant d-bag.

I do wonder how long they're going to keep Ken around. They probably can't afford to keep Jay around much longer so he would be my next vote (he'll be safe because of the idol, but they don't know that for sure) but after that I'd use the remaining millennials to get Ken out the first chance I got.
They annoyed me from the get-go. I feel a little sorry for Will, being tied up in that group. I'm not sure he has the social skills to mesh with the older population. Without Jay & Taylor, he's a little puppy.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Jay and Taylor fit the stereotype of annoying d-bags to a T. I think Jay uses the word "dude" at least once in every sentence if not the first and last word of every one he says. Taylor and Figgy was never a true "power couple" this season, they basically set themselves up as sitting ducks once they hooked up because neither really were able to get aligned with anyone to get the voting power in their favor and if anything just annoyed everyone even more with their antics.

The mix of 2 generations really has made for a good season as once they mixed them up you could see a distinct difference in strategy between the 2. GenX kept their cool and found the cracks in the millennials and used that to their advantage to pit them against one another. Eventually they will have to vote out their own but they took the millennial vs genx alliance out of the equation now by getting the numbers in their favor.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
I think some of the bigger threats like Chris and Ken are going to start to get targeted now. With the exception of Bret, everybody is actually playing the game which doesn't always happen. Add 3 hidden idols and this season could get insane down the stretch plus I wonder what Jessica's advantage is, maybe a vote steal or something. Zeke, Hannah, and David are flying under the radar and I'd watch out for them.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Looking forward to the two hour episode this evening. From reading the show preview, it sounds like tonight will be the tipping point in the season. Our family has planned to do dinner and Survivor with everyone being back for Thanksgiving. (Insert lame/nerd emojis here)

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Holy moly..... first hour was meh. Second hour was nuts,Jessica will be playing the what if game the rest of her life!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
That 2nd tribal was one of the best ever. Jessica will be playing the what if but I don't think she was a strong enough player socially to last much longer had she flipped because not only would her biggest supporter in the game in Ken probably turn on her but she already had someone on the other alliance in Sunday wanting her out too so I don't see how she all the sudden becomes a power player. If anything Adam saying he heard them say they were voting for Ken messed things up because that idol was probably going for Hannah before he said that.

After the 1st episode I thought there was no way David lasts long in this game and now I find myself rooting for him as he's really embraced making this a life changing moment for him. Zeke is right that David has the best chance of winning if he makes it to the final but I don't think Zeke will win because he now is in a spot people know that he thinks he's in charge and he's been playing both sides so he probably will have enough people on that jury bitter with him with the path he has gone down. Besides David I like how Ken has played, he's been on the verge of being gone so many time but he hasn't back stabbed anyone so if he can play a clean game and maybe make a big move down the stretch he may have a shot too. Wish they could get rid of Jay but the longer he stays in the game the more powerful that idol becomes. They just need to flush it out knowing they have to sacrifice someone as a 2nd option to do it. He's already shown he can win immunity so next time he doesn't he should be put on notice.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Holy moly..... first hour was meh. Second hour was nuts,Jessica will be playing the what if game the rest of her life!

meh, I suppose she might be dumb enough to think she had a chance in hell of winning. She made the correct call, just bad luck. She switches sides, she loses all power and any hope of winning (she wouldn't get a vote from either alliance at final)

Jay should probably be a target for the next vote but that leaves the two alliances tied so I don't expect Zeke & co to vote for him for at least another vote.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Was on vacation last week. Just watched last week's two hour show. Holy ****! Not a long time watcher of this so how many times has the game gone to rocks. Crazy that the one the most worried about rocks goes home but wanted Jess to go for awhile. I'm on the Zeke bandwagon.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Ken is such a dumbass. I was rooting for him but that was ridiculous. I was also glad Zeke was sent home. He would have been a good winner but it's great to see the guy who thinks he's running the game get blindsided

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Think Will may have crossed a bridge. And yeah - we both were happy Zeke is out. I'm not sure how Hannah was so sure it would be HER, though...

tay2015

Aug 7, 2015
I don't get how Hannah has lasted so long. I assume just keeping her around till the end because she's not a threat?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron