OT - CBS Survivor Millennials vs. Gen X

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SuperTrooper

Mar 26, 2012
Chris is my pick

The better question is who will be the biggest DB: Justin, Taylor, Will or Zeke?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah it's slim pickings for eye candy this season for sure. Too early for me to get a read on everyone after 1 episode but that guy on gen x who got completely paranoid I can't see lasting too long. Going to be a lot of good scenarios where the thought processes are different to make it entertaining. Already annoyed some by the millennials talk but I'm a gen x myself so I understand why several of them annoy me.

The evacuation was interesting and too bad they didn't show any clips where they put them up at for the night because I'm guessing it was probably too plush that they would of stirred up some criticism if they had shown it.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
As a millennial, them deciding to go for a swim instead of build their shelter night 1 was completely embarrassing and fit all the negative stereotypes older generations bestow upon us. The good news was it wouldn't have mattered anyway since they had to evacuate and rebuild, but still, not a good way to "disprove" everyone.

I'm actually getting a good vibe from my pre-first episode pick of Michelle though. Seems level-headed and willing to eventually side with the "geeks" on the millennial tribe if they decide to go after the "popular" group.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oh please please save me from the surfer boys.....
I don't think I can listen to them talk for a whole season.

Couple of overly-bossy women, couple of macho dudes, one paranoid freak, some surfer dudes, a couple of "mean girl" popular types...all the stereotypes.

Of the ones that got reasonable airtime, I like Zeke & Paul so far. As winners? Dunno. But as enjoyable cast members, yes. Not much of a feel for the women yet.

resident

Nov 13, 2006
seattle
David is hilariously inept and I hope he stays around until the merge for comedic relief. He's like Cochran without any self realization. I actually like Zeke. The millenial cool kids are annoying. My merge picks are Chris, Bret, Hannah, Mari, Adam, Zeke. I haven't gotten a good read on most of the Gen X women yet.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
The two bros and Figgy are so awesomely dumb. I think they're going to be great television.
The paranoid guy isn't long for this game.

I missed the first 20 minutes, but no one stuck out in a good way for whatever reason.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Severe storms. Literally was unable to watch even a few seconds of it. Ended up watching, "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" on AMC. And yes, I own it on video. But can't watch it. Beta. #OLDPEOPLEPROBLEMS

But overall- no regrets. Love that movie!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Jay's response and just staring her in the face was so cold blooded it was ridiculous.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
#What I video captured that because there are so many gifs that can be made from those reactions. Love Hannah