Oscar Predictions for Tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Yeah, I thought it was an over-reaction. Rock shouldn't have made the joke, but I also don't think it warranted Smith's response

It didn't take much googling to see this has been a really painful issue for Jada and that's just what she's shared. I imagine seeing her deal with it up close makes it that much worse. Rep. Ayanna Pressley has the same condition and I followed her as she went through that. There's so much complexity wrapped up in how society views women's hair and particularly Black women's hair. But I said I'm in the minority here and I'm ok with that.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
saw the slap online. Not actually watching Oscars. Wonder if it was staged? Oscar ratings are sh@t lately. They are actors after all.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
It didn't take much googling to see this has been a really painful issue for Jada and that's just what she's shared. I imagine seeing her deal with it up close makes it that much worse. Rep. Ayanna Pressley has the same condition and I followed her as she went through that. There's so much complexity wrapped up in how society views women's hair and particularly Black women's hair. But I said I'm in the minority here and I'm ok with that.

I think she looks hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron