On That Note: Which Way You Going, Billy?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Alexis - James Gang

Alexis I can't remember how we met back then
Was on my way to Atlanta, now I'm on that road again

Alexis you always used to talk about
Leavin' your home town, headin' on South
Maybe down to New Orleans

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
My Dad used to live near Folsom. I didn't tour the prison, but enjoyed the town.

A few years ago, I was flying from Denver to Chicago for work. As we got about 30 minutes from chicago, the pilot informed us that due to an icestorm, we were getting diverted.....to Pittsburgh. At that point, I was going to miss my meetings in Chicago, if I could get there. Everyone on the flight was scrambling for other flights to Chicago, so I just grabbed the next flight back to Denver. So my day was just flying to and from Pittsburgh, and a few hours in the airport. Only time I've been to Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
i'd really like to be "going back to Kansas City" for some BBQ.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Ventura Highway. I've actually driven on it and sang the song the whole way.

Georgia. Went there for the 1976 Peach Bowl

Sweet Home Alabama. Toured the USS Alabama in Mobile Bay.

New York State of Mind. Spent a couple of days there, which was enough for me.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Coming back from Florida several years ago I decided to take an alternate route that included I-22. I had every intention to do the Elvis stop, but got too antsy to get home so just cruised on by. Guess I'll have to stop and smell those roses another time.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
"I was born in Little Rock..."

Been there several times. I think the last time was to/from the 2001 Independence Bowl. I only remember how incredibly horrible condition I-30 was in through most of the state.

Reactions: matclone

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Growing up in E. Iowa (Mostly Muscatine Co.) from age 3 to and into adulthood you'd think at some point I would have made it to Dubuque. We just never had reason to head that way, I guess. It wasn't until I was in my mid 20's and working for the US Army Corps of Engineers that I set foot there.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I've been to Phoenix, Albuquerque, and Oklahoma all.

I remember driving at night in or around Phoenix many years ago, on my way to California. But another time I did stop there.

Typical of the lush songs of Jimmy Webb sung by Glen Campbell in the late 60s.

Reactions: Cupped and MeanDean

Clone Head

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2018
Vancouver, WA
In Cedar Rapids there is an area off the Cedar River called Cedar Lake, aka the slough. It is visible from I-380 not too far from St. Lukes Hospital. In the 60’s a rite of passage for every boy growing up in Cedar Rapids, was a trip to the slough to catch blue gills. You didn’t dare eat the blue gills as the slough was a dumping ground for industrial toxins. In 1965 a quartet from Cedar Rapids Washington wrote and performed “Surfin’ on Cedar Lake” The band named themselves the Slough Boys.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
"I was born in Little Rock..."

Been there several times. I think the last time was to/from the 2001 Independence Bowl. I only remember how incredibly horrible condition I-30 was in through most of the state.

I have bad memories of the 2001 bowl game in Shreveport. Good memories from the night before the game when we stayed in Texarkana (song posted below for that) but between the Tony Yelk kick and pretty sure I got food poisoning from something I ate from the concessions as I spent the night puking my guts out at the hotel that night it eas a rough drive home.

Reactions: Cupped

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have bad memories of the 2001 bowl game in Shreveport. Good memories from the night before the game when we stayed in Texarkana (song posted below for that) but between the Tony Yelk kick and pretty sure I got food poisoning from something I ate from the concessions as I spent the night puking my guts out at the hotel that night it eas a rough drive home.

Supposedly on the set of Smokey and the Bandit the director was lamenting that he had no idea what he was going to do for music for the film to Jerry Reed who played Snowman. A couple of days later Reed showed up on the set with his guitar and proceeded to play and sing East Bound and Down and a couple of other numbers that were used pretty much untouched on the soundtrack for the film.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron