On That Note: Which Way You Going, Billy?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Welcome to the first OTN of the unofficial beginning of Summer 2023. Your hosts are @cyclones500, @CycloneRulzzz and me.

With summer often comes travel, holiday, vacation... So

This week we are looking for posts with songs that mention SPECIFIC TO YOU geographic locations. In other words, places that you've personally visited. This can be continents, countries, states, regions, islands, cities, oceans, lakes, rivers, national parks/monuments, natural or engineering wonders, tourist traps, prisons, or really anything that permanently occupies real estate at some significant distance from home.

To make it more personal (and more interesting, at least to me) you may elaborate on when/why you were there and any memories you have related to that visit.

Remember, the posted song must mention a specific place you've actually been to.

Mention may be in the title, lyrics or both.

Last week's OTN was on the topic: Believe. It can be found here: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/on-that-note-believe.278788/

My First 5

My trip of a lifetime to Australia and New Zealand for 4+ weeks in Jan/Feb 1997

"I know she got on in Baltimore" Someone very important in my life was in Baltimore when we met.

A Summer trip to Cali in about 1985 included a day trip to Catalina Island. First time I'd ever been on a somewhat tropical isle. I thought it was pretty cool.

"You're either a girl or you come from Liverpool" Went on a Beatles Pilgrimage with two ISU college buddies and yes, got to spend a couple days in Liverpool.

Finally got to NYC in 2006 when I finagled a work trip there. Even got to see a taping of the Letterman show.

Reactions: MnBrPg

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
OKC and San Antonio -

OKC in 2008 for wbb magical conf tourney run which took them to the title game. Also got to experience another powerful memorial to the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building

San Antonio - ISU bowl trip not the result we wanted but it was an amazing game and got to experience it and the sights of San Antonio with my brother.

Reactions: madguy30

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Huntington Beach is Surf City USA.

Lived there after moving from Iowa. Never forget my first day. Jogging by the ocean. Dude 70 or so runs up next to me and says "you're not from here". Made some friendly conversation and then the mother ****** ran so fast I couldn't keep up.

Reactions: Cupped and MeanDean

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Paris! Lived outside Paris for a year right out of college. Extraordinaire !

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaCyclone

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Twenty-nine Palms. Made sure I went there during a trip to San Diego in February. I blame Robert Plant.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnappShack

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Miami F. L. A.

Never met Holly but got to spend a couple nights in the Deauville Hotel on Miami Beach. The setting/location of the Beatles second live appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. Or as Ed would say, "My Am Uh" Beach.

Edit: The hotel has been demolished as it was left too long without structural repairs. Around 2019 I think it came down.

Last edited:

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
China! Nixon went there when I was in high school. Never dreamed that one day, I myself would stand on the Great Wall. But I did.

Last edited:

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Tres veces : Spain I've been there three times. Last was in 2018 to Seville. Damn, I love that city. A mí me gusta.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK4ISU

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Engaland. (London, Oxford, Bath, Penzance, Salisbury) Went there while living in France.

Last edited:
Reactions: CascadeClone

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Japan! Got a chance to go to Fukoka, not far from Tokyo, also got to visit Kamakura and Yokohama, Mama.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron