Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Now we don't want 4 star Michigan skill players who happened to be the top player in our state? The derp around here is legendary in this thread.

How many stars Oliver Martin was rated 2 years ago is meaningless once he stepped on a college campus. His college game film is now his resume. As college players are Brock Purdy & Mike Rose 3 star football players or something more?

Not saying he isn't worth a look, but his college production doesn't say ISU should be recruiting him this spring. Mainly, as the Cyclones added a grad transfer and JUCO WR this spring. You can only award so many scholarships by position. If ISU would go after Oliver Martin, that tells me we have another scholarship WR transferring out.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Haha exactly. Love all the posters on here who feel they are qualified in football knowledge/insight to evaluate the skills of Oliver Martin. A tiny percentage of them - probably 0% - have even played football.

Anyone who thinks Dan Mccarney was a good coach, has no room to ever comment on anyone else’s football acumen.

Jesus, twins is running his schtick here. It’s like hawk fans saying they didn’t want Brock or Hall.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Anyone who thinks Dan Mccarney was a good coach, has no room to ever comment on anyone else’s football acumen.

Jesus, twins is running his schtick here. It’s like hawk fans saying they didn’t want Brock or Hall.

Iowa offered Hall and Brock. Iowa State did not offer Martin

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Update on Martin and the text I got: "Iowa was the only school that reached out to Oliver when he hit the portal. He tried reaching out to Notre Dame but they never got back to him. His dad doesn't like the idea of how Iowa utilizes WR but is on board with him being back home and he'll be a Hawkeye very soon"

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Update on Martin and the text I got: "Iowa was the only school that reached out to Oliver when he hit the portal. He tried reaching out to Notre Dame but they never got back to him. His dad doesn't like the idea of how Iowa utilizes WR but is on board with him being back home and he'll be a Hawkeye very soon"
Iowa utilizes WR’s?

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Oh s*** boys, the national title dream is back on!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Is this from the source of yours who said James Daniels hated Iowa and its coaches?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is this from the source of yours who said James Daniels hated Iowa and its coaches?

Nope. Same one that told me about the bad grad transfer PG you're going to hopefully take. Sorry for the bad news but looks like you're going to take Martin

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Nope. Same one that told me about the bad grad transfer PG you're going to hopefully take. Sorry for the bad news but looks like you're going to take Martin

Whew.

Martin would add some nice depth behind Smith and ISM. Sorry.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron