Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

1EAo.gif

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Jorbo was destroyed at the end of the "First Team" broadcast on ESPN College (84 on Sirius XM). A Hawk mouth breather called the show and stated that the new transfer rule is going to ruin college basketball as it makes the traditional four year high school system obsolete. He then asked the hosts about their Jorbo opinions. To paraphrase, Jorbo is viewed as a complainer about not getting paid and then goes and returns to Iowa for a 6th year and not get paid. The host stated that perhaps Jorbo should actually go out, get a job, and make his own money instead of having his hand out to NCAA. They did not think it was going to work out well for him.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Someone argued with me today that both Ulis and Joe T were great recruits. Apparently Chad disagrees
BS I said they were high 3* recruits. some services even had a 4* rank for them. I said they would be good to adequate players. Look at the offers some of the ISU players had that left the program this year. Offers do not always equal good player, especially in college basketball.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
BS I said they were high 3* recruits. some services even had a 4* rank for them. I said they would be good to adequate players. Look at the offers some of the ISU players had that left the program this year. Offers do not always equal good player, especially in college basketball.
Alright I exaggerated a little bit.. You got me ;) BUT the point still remains that Chad agrees Fran has not recruited well or even developed any "good" PG's since his time at Iowa. Some have been fine to above average, but not have actually been good. Chad also didn't end his statement by saying Ulis and Toussaint were exceptions, so I'm going to assume he's roping them in there.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Alright I exaggerated a little bit.. You got me ;) BUT the point still remains that Chad agrees Fran has not recruited well or even developed any "good" PG's since his time at Iowa. Some have been fine to above average, but not have actually been good. Chad also didn't end his statement by saying Ulis and Toussaint were exceptions, so I'm going to assume he's roping them in there.
I would not count Ulis for much as he played very little this year. Toussaint actually got better near the end of the year, be a tiny sample size. The harsh reality for Iowa fans is this is the most college level PG tandem we have had on the roster for PG as it pertains to defense and dribble driving. I am banking on development here. Fran has certainly been able to turn wings and big men into decent to great players in the past. even SGs. PG is his huge weakness as we all know.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I would not count Ulis for much as he played very little this year. Toussaint actually got better near the end of the year, be a tiny sample size. The harsh reality for Iowa fans is this is the most college level PG tandem we have had on the roster for PG as it pertains to defense and dribble driving. I am banking on development here. Fran has certainly been able to turn wings and big men into decent to great players in the past. even SGs. PG is his huge weakness as we all know.
Maybe he should see about filling the assistant spot on his staff with Prohm

Reactions: Mississippi Clone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Okay.. Outside of Garza. Who has Fran turned into a "Great" player?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Conor is a six tool Swiss army knife. He'll play any position and will take coming off the bench well.
-Chad

He's not wrong when you out a swiss army knife into proper perspective. They'll do the job when your in a pinch, but they aren't your first choice for any of the tasks they perform. Yes they have a can opener, but it takes 10 minutes to open that can and you end up with a jagged edge that will cut you bad if you're not careful. The knifes technically work, but there are a lot better knives out there. A 2-1/2" saw may cut a branch eventually, but it's certainly not the tool you'd pick if you have a choice.

So yes, a swiss army knife is perfect for Conner. Not really great at anything, but serviceable if you are desperate and literally have no other options.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My great is different than your great, I am talking all big ten type players. We have not had the NBA bodies in IC.
Okay I can get down with that. Yeah, Fran's developed some All Big 10 guys. None at the PG role like you said. Ulis hasn't had enough playing time for anyone to determine whether he's going to be good or not, but as I said yesterday, I think we've seen what Toussaint brings to the table.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron