Old Mediocre Has-Been Desperate To Appear Relevant; aka JBo To Return

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I would not count Ulis for much as he played very little this year. Toussaint actually got better near the end of the year, be a tiny sample size. The harsh reality for Iowa fans is this is the most college level PG tandem we have had on the roster for PG as it pertains to defense and dribble driving. I am banking on development here. Fran has certainly been able to turn wings and big men into decent to great players in the past. even SGs. PG is his huge weakness as we all know.
I was googling Fran to try to figure out if he was a SG or PG in college. I didn't find the answer but I did discover that he shot .377 from the field and .512 from the line in his career.
:mccaffery:

He also played in 84 games but only started 11 of them. That experience may have something to do with his propensity to have 10 and 11 man rotations.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was googling Fran to try to figure out if he was a SG or PG in college. I didn't find the answer but I did discover that he shot .377 from the field and .512 from the line in his career.
:mccaffery:

He also played in 84 games but only started 11 of them. That experience may have something to do with his propensity to have 10 and 11 man rotations.
He also transferred from Wake Forest to Penn U, so his whole schtick about the transfer portal is absolutely hilarious and entirely hypocritical.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He's not wrong when you out a swiss army knife into proper perspective. They'll do the job when your in a pinch, but they aren't your first choice for any of the tasks they perform. Yes they have a can opener, but it takes 10 minutes to open that can and you end up with a jagged edge that will cut you bad if you're not careful. The knifes technically work, but there are a lot better knives out there. A 2-1/2" saw may cut a branch eventually, but it's certainly not the tool you'd pick if you have a choice.

So yes, a swiss army knife is perfect for Conner. Not really great at anything, but serviceable if you are desperate and literally have no other options.
You are a metaphorical genius

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
BS I said they were high 3* recruits. some services even had a 4* rank for them. I said they would be good to adequate players. Look at the offers some of the ISU players had that left the program this year. Offers do not always equal good player, especially in college basketball.
Ulis and Toussaint were not good recruits. Nobody wanted them

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
"Six tool" sounds like the Iowa starting five and their head coach.

I would also like to add that a six tool Swiss Army knife is the least versatile Swiss Army knife available.
Chad was just being cryptic.

Tool - Connor’s personality
Swiss- Swiss cheese, Connor’s defense
Knife- not the sharpest knife in the drawer

Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron