Old Mediocre Has-Been Desperate To Appear Relevant; aka JBo To Return

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah none of that story is true about having to beg him to come back lol. He was never not leaving. Kind of feel for Toussaint if he buys this, I think this will end poorly for him and I'll believe it when I see it on Connor getting benched.

Toussaint is probably a better fit at an east coast A10 school though anyways.
He'd be decent at like an Iona or VCU type school I think

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Right, recruited as fringe or even lower level power-conference talents with a hope and a prayer that they can develop into being that after a couple years.
Logically, there will be a guy (maybe 2) that overplays his ranking. Has that already been done by Murray? Maybe.

No one whether you’re an ISU or an Iowa fan can look at either Perkins or Ulis and say they’re going to be good or not. Neither have played enough minutes or in moments that were actually critical. Both in my mind are like Jaden Walker.

For Joe Toussaint, I’m going to just say I think he is who he is at this point as far as decision making goes. He plays a million miles an hour and sometimes his body makes a decision before his brain does. I’d love to have a guy like him off the bench but as my starting PG? No sir. Gonna get #’s like we saw with Prohm’s guards the last two seasons (minus Haliburton).

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Logically, there will be a guy (maybe 2) that overplays his ranking. Has that already been done by Murray? Maybe.

No one whether you’re an ISU or an Iowa fan can look at either Perkins or Ulis and say they’re going to be good or not. Neither have played enough minutes or in moments that were actually critical. Both in my mind are like Jaden Walker.

For Joe Toussaint, I’m going to just say I think he is who he is at this point as far as decision making goes. He plays a million miles an hour and sometimes his body makes a decision before his brain does. I’d love to have a guy like him off the bench but as my starting PG? No sir. Gonna get #’s like we saw with Prohm’s guards the last two seasons (minus Haliburton).
Totally agree on Toussaint. There ain't much left there to develop than what has been seen already. Some may counter that he hasn't really gotten a fair shake, but in his limited time he has tended to play erratic and is turnover-prone. We also know he can't shoot. His burst and quickness is exciting and fun to watch, but it seems like it's very Jekyll/Hyde.

You almost hate to sell him down the river going into his JR year, considering Garza made his leap from SO-JR year, but Garza was much better as a FR/SO than Joe T has been.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Totally agree on Toussaint. There ain't much left there to develop than what has been seen already. Some may counter that he hasn't really gotten a fair shake, but in his limited time he has tended to play erratic and is turnover-prone. We also know he can't shoot. His burst and quickness is exciting and fun to watch, but it seems like it's very Jekyll/Hyde.

You almost hate to sell him down the river going into his JR year, considering Garza made his leap from SO-JR year, but Garza was much better as a FR/SO than Joe T has been.
Yeah Garza’s situation is very unique and shouldn’t be used by anyone in pointing out that “player x” can make a ginormous leap from one year to the next.

It’d be like someone pointing out a mid level recruit is going to be a lottery pick because Haliburton did it.

• Winner
Reactions: DSMCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Joe Toussaint can't dribble. I've never understood why he is so liked. He feels like the backup QB type player on the team that everyone wants to see more of

Reactions: CyPunch

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Joe Toussaint can't dribble. I've never understood why he is so liked. He feels like the backup QB type player on the team that everyone wants to see more of
He is Grant Rohach to Jorbo's Sam Richardson. Tell me if that is an insult to either Grant or Sam, and I will delete.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Interesting notes on kxno:
Downs just said Fran asked the team if they were OK with Jordan coming back.

(This will be interesting seeing what our resident Hawk friends thought of Bolton's situation)

• Winner
Reactions: Goclones1727

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Chad said Jordan has won Iowa 10 games with free throws at the end of the game.
He's also gotten a lot of emails from fans not wanting Jordan coming back.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Chad said Jordan has won Iowa 10 games with free throws at the end of the game.
He's also gotten a lot of emails from fans not wanting Jordan coming back.
Jesus Chad wipe your mouth when you’re done lol

Reactions: cyclonehomer

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

(This will be interesting seeing what our resident Hawk friends thought of Bolton's situation)

Probably afraid oF the McCafe’s if they said no

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Weren’t there Iowa fans on here mocking TJ for asking his players whether someone shouldn’t or should still be on the team next year? Hmm.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The reason Jordan played PG is because Fran doesn't recruit that position well.

-Chad

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The reason Jordan played PG is because Fran doesn't recruit that position well.

-Chad
Someone argued with me today that both Ulis and Joe T were great recruits. Apparently Chad disagrees