OkSU reportedly set to hire Brad Underwood (SFA)

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Yep, just like Izzo.

Think there is a difference in anger. If a coach spurs a player to improve or pay attention to detail, it is quite different than a coach that berates his players. Coach Wooden is reputed to have been the opposite end of the spectrum, and one that resorted to positive reinforcement.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Think there is a difference in anger. If a coach spurs a player to improve or pay attention to detail, it is quite different than a coach that berates his players. Coach Wooden is reputed to have been the opposite end of the spectrum, and one that resorted to positive reinforcement.

Izzo screams in his guys' faces more than any other coach I'm aware of, not sure how that wouldn't qualify as berating them. There's intense coaches that win, Bo Ryan is another good example, and intense coaches that lose. Same for other styles Ben Jacobsen looked pretty laid back during that epic collapse last night.

And Wooden was coaching a team full of guys getting paid at UCLA which helped slightly

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Still think Isu should have got him over Prohm. Great hire for them, hopefully I'm wrong and he is a poor mans Huggins.

and yes I am expecting to get flamed for that.

No flaming here, as everyone is entitled to their opinion and to share it on here.

I will write that Underwood was my 2nd choice behind Prohm, so obviously I am very happy with what CSP has done so far. My #1 criteria for a new coach when it opened up was hiring someone who had shown the ability to win a game in the NCAA tournament. Both Prohm and Underwood had that capability under their belts.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Not particularly thrilled with that. I hate watching WVA play, the conference didn't need another football coach.
This x1000. I was hoping that guy would end up with a P5 job in another conference. I hate basketbrawl & moving forward nearly a quarter of our conference games will be knock-down, drag-out affairs that our inept group of conference officials will be unable to keep under control. We better start recruiting players that are built like Fizer and Kantrail Horton to be able to give back the physical beating that these two systems implement. Me so very sad about this development.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Still think Isu should have got him over Prohm. Great hire for them, hopefully I'm wrong and he is a poor mans Huggins.

and yes I am expecting to get flamed for that.

That would have been a terrible fit for this years team with his defensive and pressing philosophy. You think we were worn down this year with Prohm? Underwood would have killed them off by now.

• Funny
Reactions: Cy$

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Izzo isn't even close to Francon or thuggins. Different types of anger as well

Izzo does more screaming than either of those guys at this point. Maybe Fran two years ago or prime Cincy era Huggins have him beat but those guys are calmer than Izzo now.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Re: Brad Underwood new coach at OSU

Interested to see these contracts come out.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Scott Drew
Steve Prohm
Bill Self
Bruce Weber
Lon Kruger
Brad Underwood
Jamie Dixon
Shaka Smart
Tubby Smith
Bob Huggins

You could argue Prohm went down a spot in coaching rankings today. Dixon has a solid resume, but nothing that really blows you away.

Right now, I'd have Prohm in 8th, ahead of Underwood and Weber.