OkSU reportedly set to hire Brad Underwood (SFA)

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Kansas State going to be kicking themselves that they're stuck with Brucey boy instead of Underwood.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Solid pickups for the league today. Underwood is an extremely good hire (if it happens) and Dixon is a decent hire for TCU.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I wouldn't mind if a couple conference schools gave up on basketball. We need some bottom dwellers.
This is another good hire.

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
Scott Drew
Steve Prohm
Bill Self
Bruce Weber
Lon Kruger
Brad Underwood
Jamie Dixon
Shaka Smart
Tubby Smith
Bob Huggins

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Still think Isu should have got him over Prohm. Great hire for them, hopefully I'm wrong and he is a poor mans Huggins.

and yes I am expecting to get flamed for that.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Wasn't he considered as ISU's coach? Or was that just speculation on CF?

Sounds like a good hire, but watching him for those 2 games he does have himself quite the temper.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Probably hurts West Virginia. Having OSU play the same style won't make West Virginia such a shock to the system.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Still think Isu should have got him over Prohm. Great hire for them, hopefully I'm wrong and he is a poor mans Huggins.

and yes I am expecting to get flamed for that.

I will agree with you, but its a good thing we are not Ad's.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Not particularly thrilled with that. I hate watching WVA play, the conference didn't need another football coach.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Wasn't he considered as ISU's coach? Or was that just speculation on CF?

Sounds like a good hire, but watching him for those 2 games he does have himself quite the temper.

Adding to this last point isn't it interesting how coaches with such bad tempers seem to have teams that struggle down the stretch? Iowa immediately comes to mind and WVU's loss in the opening round. Season after season Iowa pisses themselves in their last set of games and I think it has to do with their coach.

Teams tend to take on the personality of their coach. I'd much rather have a coach who is cool and composed under pressure than a coach who has a system of anger named after himself (Francon).

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Adding to this last point isn't it interesting how coaches with such bad tempers seem to have teams that struggle down the stretch? Iowa immediately comes to mind and WVU's loss in the opening round. Season after season Iowa pisses themselves in their last set of games and I think it has to do with their coach.

Teams tend to take on the personality of their coach. I'd much rather have a coach who is cool and composed under pressure than a coach who has a system of anger named after himself (Francon).

Yep, just like Izzo.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Probably hurts West Virginia. Having OSU play the same style won't make West Virginia such a shock to the system.

Plus Shaka will be bringing his press soon, big 12 teams will be well versed against the press. I like that we have our top 4 guards coming back next year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron