*** Official Xavier vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Has there been a time when both have been good? Seems for a long time we've had the programs swapping which one is peaking. Neither has been good or bad at the same time. But I'm sure I'm missing a few years.

Jan. 2000 through Dec. 2001

MBB Big 12 title
MBB Big 12 tournament title
MBB Elite Eight
FB Insight.com Bowl (9-3)
MBB Big 12 title
FB Independence Bowl (7-5)

(Plus a WBB conference title, 2 WBB conference tournament titles, a pair of WBB Sweet 16s, and a NCAA runner-up finish in WR in that span.)

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Brockington is the best mix of a gritty tough physical blue collar guy who brings it for 40 minutes, and a rhythm scorer with a feel for his shot who can get hot and can flat out get buckets when he's feeling it. Think Senior Big 12 POY Melvin Ejim.

It's the best of both worlds. His offensive game has a high floor, but also a pretty high ceiling. That's the kind of guy you can feel good about leading your attack night in and night out. I can live with a loss with a guy who has that approach to the game.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
In case you were really sleeping........
Probably played 8-10 minutes. Missed a long range jumper and wasn't much of a factor tonight. He will be down the road.
My guess is it was a matchup issue why he didn’t play more.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Brockington is the best mix of a gritty tough physical blue collar guy who brings it for 40 minutes, and a rhythm scorer with a feel for his shot who can get hot and can flat out get buckets when he's feeling it. Think Senior Big 12 POY Melvin Ejim.

It's the best of both worlds. His offensive game has a high floor, but also a pretty high ceiling. That's the kind of guy you can feel good about leading your attack night in and night out. I can live with a loss with a guy who has that approach to the game.
Anymore Penn State transfers out there for next year? We’ll need another guy like him or Kalscheur for next year.

• Agree
Reactions: Prone2Clone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Couple random observations.

Memohis by far brought the most fans. Followed with a big gap then Xavier then ISU then a massive gap to Virginia tech. Like VT brought 40 people.

Memphis and Xavier are the only teams to bring cheerleaders and Memphis brought 3x as many plus their mascot.

Barclays Center is a very modern and dark arena. Most of the concessions are closed but the seruo Is fantastic.

Xavier fans just aren’t that friendly. Not mean. Just not that open to conversation compared to the other schools.

VT fans are the nicest

All the floor seats are taken by Upsie employees
and they don’t give a **** about any team and I still don’t understand what Upsie is.

Memphis’ and Iowa State’s pregame videos are light years ahead of both VTs and Xavier’s.

Hardaway looks way skinnier in person